DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brourke228
Game Server Admin

DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Post#1 » Sun May 06, 2012 6:19 pm

This is going to be the new Dreamcast-Talk Game Server status thread. None of this applies to the DC-Talk website which is hosted on a different server.

Either I or Impulse will post in here if the game servers are scheduled to go offline and will try to post a reasonable time in advance. Occasionally the network needs to be reset or our pso ship goes offline so that sylverant software can be updated. Usually this will take no longer than an hour.

If you see a game server is down and it is not scheduled to be, feel free to make a post about it here and we will try to get it back up. Thanks.

If you would like to be informed as soon as possible when there are updates to this thread just click the subscribe button at the top to get e-mail updates.

If the server is completely offline then the image below will not show up.

Last edited by brourke228 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Re: DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Post#2 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:40 pm

All DC-Talk game servers will be down this coming Wednesday at 12:00AM EST for system backup. I will post here again wednesday when they are back up. (it will probably take 2-3hrs but we'll see)
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#3 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:11 am

Server is back up.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#4 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Game servers will be down Friday and possibly Saturday while i fix some things
Regards,
brourke228

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#5 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Apparently 'hackers' are targeting dreamcast quake 3 servers with DDoS attacks. There is a new thread about this at OC. Apparently their servers got hit pretty bad.
Has there been any problems with dctalk servers? I looked around for a few minutes here and couldn't find a dctalk q3 ip to test out.

Anyone know what's going on here? :oops:
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#6 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 pm

There have been some issues lately, but I don't think it is related to that. Last week the server was crashing but I think I narrowed the source of the problem to be cron (which is used to automatically start each game server on bootup). In addition to this, there have been thunderstorms and power outages in the past week and Verizon has been upgrading their network which seems to have been causing the internet speed to drop to dial up speeds intermittently over the past couple days. http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/veri ... -20120618/ Hopefully that will stop soon. So really it is a combination of things. I'm going to reformat Friday and do away with desktop environment on freebsd because things should run smoother then. Also there has been a problem with the NIC since this was setup last Feb. which I don't think is an issue in FreeBSD 8.3 so I will be switching to that (we're using FreeBSD9 atm). Without getting into specifics, this will cause the server to be up again immediately after power outage.

Also fyi, our server doesn't respond to ping requests. If you need the current ip address go here: http://anonym.to/?http://www.iwebtool.c ... t-talk.com

DC-talk q3 servers aren't showing up in the master list atm due to another issue that I don't really feel like getting into. But this should be resolved soon with a software revision to dpmaster. However bear in mind the servers ARE up, despite not appearing in the list. Direct ip connect will work.

BTW I might add, I have serious doubts about there being DDoS attacks. First of all it requires a lot of computers and more importantly why would someone want to risk going to prison for trying to take down a Dreamcast quake3 server that barely anyone even uses lol.

EDIT: Alright sooo maybe I spoke to soon lol. Someone keeps trying to connect to both servers from the ip address 200.86.43.200 . I'll look into it.

I just blacklisted the ip address. But yeah I still have doubts about it being DDoS, probably just some idiot spamming the ports. I bet OC is having the same issue.
Last edited by brourke228 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
brourke228

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#7 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:30 pm

I cant access the Dreamcast talk Quake III server. The IP I was using no longer works.

So I went to see if the IP changed (I know it is static). And, The link in the above post does not work. So how do i get the IP?

Thank you.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#8 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:06 am

It's probably related to the fact that Vega has been down all day.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#9 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Sorry, I guess the server crashed. I just noticed yesterday. If you haven't been able to connect recently that is likely why. It needed a reboot. The q3 stats page hasn't updated since 9/21 so thats when it crashed. The game servers should all be working now. Try connecting again. If you still have any issues let me know.
Regards,
brourke228

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#10 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:49 am

brourke228 wrote:If you still have any issues let me know.

I have an issue! When I try and connect to the DC-Talk 4x4 Evo server it just says "Disconnected from chat server". I can connect to the official GameSpy server just fine.

Oh and, as of this post, it says there is one player in the DC-Talk server. Not sure if this is a fluke?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live