DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Post#161 » Thu May 27, 2021 3:54 pm

Just an FYI since a few people have been asking, the DC-Talk game servers are currently down following an internet outage due to a storm yesterday. Impulse and brourke are currently looking into the issue but in the meantime, the Maximum Pool, VEGA PSO ship, and the Quake III Arena master server are down. Note if you're using an NTSC copy of Quake III Arena, you can still manually connect to a server using the "More" button on the bottom-right of the server select screen.

Update: Server is back up!
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Revolution
rebel

Post#162 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:04 pm

I still don't see a room for Maximum Pool

Revolution
rebel

Post#163 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:35 pm

Does anyone else see a Dreamcast Maximum Pool room?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#164 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:25 am

Revolution wrote:Does anyone else see a Dreamcast Maximum Pool room?

Yes it's working. The DC-Talk server IP changed though so if you're using the modded save file, you'll need to download the updated one from dc.dreamcastlive.net/downloads.html. Alternatively you can just press X at the server list to get the list from the master server.
PSO Characters:

redhotsonic
noob

Post#165 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:46 am

Hi!

For weeks, me and my friends had been playing Chu Chu Rocket on the Dreamcast online and we finally decide to stream it last night. 15 minutes before showtime, the Chu Chu servers inconveniently went down and has been down ever since (according to https://dreamcastlive.net/server-status-page/)

I sent an e-mail to the address supplied but no answer yet. We have now pushed the stream to Tuesday night but 15 hours later with the server still being down, I thought I'd bring the situation up here. Can this be fixed, please? :)

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong topic.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#166 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:32 am

Wow, you must have some really bad luck considering this is the first time I've seen the ChuChu Rocket server crash in the 5 years or so that it's been up. lol I'm sure Shuouma will restore it soon enough but he might be a bit slower to respond than usual as he's been dealing with some personal stuff lately.

Edit: Server is back up. Although ironically the server status page is down now. :lol:
PSO Characters:

redhotsonic
noob

Post#167 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 am

I see it's back up, thanks!

I wonder if we (me and friends) managed to crash it? As we were in the middle of uploading a third puzzle when it went down?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#168 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:28 am

redhotsonic wrote:I wonder if we (me and friends) managed to crash it? As we were in the middle of uploading a third puzzle when it went down?

It's possible. Shu said he fixed whatever it was that caused the crash.
PSO Characters:

redhotsonic
noob

Post#169 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:33 am

Welp, we'll try to upload the puzzles tonight and if it goes down again, then we have our answer! :lol: And we just won't upload any more.

Cheers!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#170 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:39 am

You should be good to upload puzzles now. He just told me the reason it crashed was because the server reached the limit for the amount of puzzles that could be uploaded. He increased the limit so it should be ok now.
PSO Characters: