Planet Ring Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

konio38
undertow

Re: Planet Ring Online

Post#91 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Hey there guys im trying to connect to the PR server i have burned the patcher but when im trying to connect im allways getting a "There is no response from the login server" error, im using a PC-DC setup with windows 98, both PSO and Dreamkey connect fine planet ring though is not working, any sugestions?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#92 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:51 pm

konio38 wrote:Hey there guys im trying to connect to the PR server i have burned the patcher but when im trying to connect im allways getting a "There is no response from the login server" error

I believe the server is down for a few days for maintenance.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

konio38
undertow

Post#93 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:53 pm

oh ok i read that people were playing last night i thought it was already back up

LukeAkAscooter
dirty sailor

Post#94 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:56 pm

yeah there is a notice in this section saying the servers are down from yesterday for a few days :) hopefully it works a little better as well when its back up, I got disconnected a few days ago when playing. hopefully some bugs are fixed :)
PSO V2 (PC) ID: LukeAkAscooter
PSO V2 (PC) ID: KAOUTAR
PSN : lukeakascooter

harrykid
lithium

Post#95 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:10 pm

My dreamcast has a busted tray open switch so it always thinks the tray is closed. Theres no way for my to switch discs during a game so I cant use to the patch cd. IS there any other way to connect like patching the game then burning it?

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#96 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:57 pm

harrykid wrote:My dreamcast has a busted tray open switch so it always thinks the tray is closed. Theres no way for my to switch discs during a game so I cant use to the patch cd. IS there any other way to connect like patching the game then burning it?

Which method are you using to connect? ie. pc-dc, regular dial up, or netopia router.
Regards,
brourke228

harrykid
lithium

Post#97 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 pm

regular dial up

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#98 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:46 am

The only way to connect using regular dial up is either the patch cd, or to change the hostname in the disc image using a hex editor. Which is essentially what the patch cd does. So if you wanted to do that; the hostname that the game normally connects to is master.ring.dream-key.com. So do a ctrl+F with your hex editor program to find that line and change it to the hostname of our server which is dctalk.no-ip.info. If you were using a pcdc you could use our dns server to connect by setting the PC's DNS to our server ip address (same can be done with the netopia router). Unfortunately when you set the dns on dreamcast it gets ignored with this game, and because there is nothing in between dreamcast and your ISP with regular dial up there is no way to redirect it, aside from modifying the game itself.
Regards,
brourke228

harrykid
lithium

Post#99 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:22 pm

This seems right. I`ll test it right now
Attachments
netedit.jpg

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#100 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Looks good. Just be sure to put hex 0 where there are no characters, dont delete blocks.
Regards,
brourke228