Reporting Error

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Re: Reporting Error

Post#11 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:33 pm

We had a problem before with our DC v1 quests being corrupted which I've since resolved. I tested on all the platforms afterwards except pc. It hadn't occurred to me but looking at our quest folder now I am quite certain we don't have v1 quests setup for pc at all. It's not that there is a problem with the quests I'm pretty sure we just don't have them. Not many people play v1 nevermind v1 on pc and you are the first to report this. I will try to fix this in the coming weeks. Apologies for the inconvenience. On a side-note v2 quests should be working fine on PC, if they aren't let me know.
Regards,
brourke228

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#12 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:15 pm

The problem is that the Ver.1 PC quests aren't something you can simply have, because you have to make them yourself with QEdit. It's one of the many quirks associated with allowing DC and PC players to play together. Sega didn't anticipate the need for Ver.1 quests to be compatible, since Ver.1 is exclusive to the DC, so we have to deal with that situation on our own. Thankfully the solution is pretty simple, as all you need to do is open each DCv1 quest with QEdit and resave it in PC format. I thought BlueCrab had sent the "PCv1" quests to Impulse at some point, but maybe he didn't (or they're sitting, alone and forgotten, in some random directory :cry:). ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:20 am

Aleron Ives wrote:The problem is that the Ver.1 PC quests aren't something you can simply have, because you have to make them yourself with QEdit. It's one of the many quirks associated with allowing DC and PC players to play together. Sega didn't anticipate the need for Ver.1 quests to be compatible, since Ver.1 is exclusive to the DC, so we have to deal with that situation on our own. Thankfully the solution is pretty simple, as all you need to do is open each DCv1 quest with QEdit and resave it in PC format. I thought BlueCrab had sent the "PCv1" quests to Impulse at some point, but maybe he didn't (or they're sitting, alone and forgotten, in some random directory :cry:). ;)
I was pretty sure that I sent them at some point too...

Impulse
Admin

Post#14 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:48 pm

I'll go back and check. It's been so long I can't say why I haven't acted on that :oops: . My bad I'll find them and get it uploaded.
-Impulse