DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

namine207
core

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#71 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:45 pm

scaryred24 wrote:
namine207 wrote:I just redownloaded it, and verified the MD5s, this is the correct file for sure. It's the version 1.3 file from Dreamcast Live. I'm using Win32DiskImager to install it to the SD card, and I'm running on a Pi 3 Model B

Edit: Other interesting thing I've noticed, despite the fact that the pi is definitely connected to my local internet, entering the local ip into DC Now doesn't come up with anything. I've verified that it is the correct IP in both my router and the pi itself.

From the way it sounds you have to be troubleshooting your network now rather than playing PSO tonight. Hopefully someone else can chime in because I don't know jack about your issues you are currently having.

Ahh okay, so I seem to be able to connect to games now! But I am definitely not listed on DC Now still, nor am I detectable. But it's all good. I get to play! :3

Edit: Yes!! Got it to work, I found out that apparently Microsoft Edge is not as friendly with DC Now as chrome is, when I switched to chrome it worked like a charm! Now, I'm not sure if I remember this correctly - Do I need the retail Planet Ring disk to play PR online or is it automatically set to connect/is there a selfboot cdi available? Because I'm not sure exactly where my Planet Ring disk is to be honest. XD

Smoke99
undertow

Post#72 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:13 am

Hi, I bought a dreamcast after I learned about the ability to get online. So I bought everything that I need to do so and everything was set up CORRECTLY according to the video tutorials of how to get online "Dream pi method" and everything is working fine except 1 thing. My line voltage inducer, and i think its because i don't have the exact parts that i need. I bought them off ebay as descripted in the video but no matter how well the soldering connection. It just simply doesn't work. So i wanted to ask you.. do you guys know a link to an ebay user, or ANY other website where i can buy the CORRECT ones i need(380 ohm resistor and 0.47 if capacitator)? I could really use the advice and would appreciate it. Thank you very much

Smoke99
undertow

Post#73 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:17 am

Another thing.. I downloaded a copy of quake 3 arena and it boots to and everything. However, a couple minutes into the menu screen. The whole screen changes color and everything is now a light pink and yellow trippy colorful screen and i almost can't see a thing and it never goes away. I was wondering if any of you know a better version to download off the web, that doesn't do that