DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
User avatar
DR TEAMCAST
Metallic
Posts: 805
Contact:

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#51 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:50 am

Wombat wrote:
kazade wrote:...but I'm also waiting on the line voltage adapters to arrive and I don't want to do too many things at once :)

Once you finalized your line voltage adapters, I (and undoubtedly many others) will finally hop on the DreamPi bandwagon 8-). Looking really forward to this, going to be great being back online with the Dreamcast!


One tip that may save you a lot of time. The most tedious part of making the line voltage is stripping the inner wire of the phone line. But what works really well, is holding a lighter underneath the red wire to melt off the plastic, but not so close you catch it on fire or char/brittle the wire. This tip may cut the time it takes to make this in half

@kazade, is there a command to enable the modem speaker? I kind of like the modem noise
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

jay_red
undertow
Posts: 32

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#52 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Got all my equipment this morning and am trying to connect, but seem to be hitting a wall here. I flashed the 1.2 version of Dreampi and when I power on the device after everything loads it displays this: (sorry for the picture and not a real log, this was easier for me)
Image

I am able to ping the Raspberry pi based on the IP that it is displaying and gives me a response.

User avatar
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Posts: 4915
Contact:

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#53 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:20 pm

jay_red wrote:Got all my equipment this morning and am trying to connect, but seem to be hitting a wall here. I flashed the 1.2 version of Dreampi and when I power on the device after everything loads it displays this:


That looks correct. What happens when you try and connect on the Dreamcast?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

jay_red
undertow
Posts: 32

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#54 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:24 pm

Using planet web 2.0 it says there is no answer when dialing. When viewing the Pi while dialing, nothing happens on the screen.

User avatar
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Posts: 4915
Contact:

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#55 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:27 pm

jay_red wrote:Using planet web 2.0 it says there is no answer when dialing. When viewing the Pi while dialing, nothing happens on the screen.


The Pi isn't supposed to display anything. It will just stay at the login prompt. Technically you don't even need to have the Pi plugged into a screen. Anyway, I assume you have a line voltage inducer? Also, what modem are you using?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

jay_red
undertow
Posts: 32

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#56 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:42 pm

I am using a Zoom usb modem model 3095. I had checked before I bought it that it was linux compatable, using the command from the other thread to check if the modem is detected "sudo wvdialconf /dev/null" I get "sorry no modem detected" My local Fry's has the white trendnet brand modem that I have heard multiple people confirm works, so I might pick one up today and try it out, I can always return it if it does not fix the problem. And yes I built a line voltage inducer.


edit:
This is the modem I have:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
and no I did not pay that much for it...

User avatar
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Posts: 4915
Contact:

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#57 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:49 pm

jay_red wrote:I am using a Zoom usb modem model 3095. I had checked before I bought it that it was linux compatable, using the command from the other thread to check if the modem is detected "sudo wvdialconf /dev/null" I get "sorry no modem detected"


It is compatible with Linux but it won't work out-of-the-box. It takes some work to install drivers for it. I found some instructions here that may work. I'm terrible with Linux so I couldn't really help you there.

The modem I use is the Dell NW147. It works perfectly and they don't come much cheaper.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

jay_red
undertow
Posts: 32

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#58 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:52 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
jay_red wrote:I am using a Zoom usb modem model 3095. I had checked before I bought it that it was linux compatable, using the command from the other thread to check if the modem is detected "sudo wvdialconf /dev/null" I get "sorry no modem detected"


It is compatible with Linux but it won't work out-of-the-box. It takes some work to install drivers for it. I found some instructions here that may work. I'm terrible with Linux so I couldn't really help you there.

The modem I use is the Dell NW147. It works perfectly and they don't come much cheaper.


Holy crap, I can follow instructions pretty well, but that looks like a huge pain to make work! I might just buy the other modem, was hoping to be online this weekend.

jay_red
undertow
Posts: 32

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#59 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:31 pm

Image

its alive!!!

User avatar
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Posts: 4915
Contact:

Re: DreamPi 1.1 Released - with Dreamcast Now!

Post#60 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:40 pm

jay_red wrote:its alive!!!


Sweet! Hope to see you on Dreamcast Live PSO tomorrow! :D
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Online”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users