PBA Tour Bowling 2001 Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

colgate
Doom

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PBA Tour Bowling 2001 Is Back Online!

Post#41 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:10 pm

scaryred24 wrote:[quote="colgate"]Daytona, any chance? Lol

Now from what I've read up it suffered the same fate that Alien Front Online server's did back in 2002. Let's not go too crazy here especially Daytona USA 2001 wasn't panned as a good game anyways.[/quote]
The car control really needs tuning but that's a game I regret not playing online back then.
Power stone 2 maybe? I don't think it used snap.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

petter3k
Developer

Re: PBA Tour Bowling 2001 Is Back Online!

Post#42 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:15 am

Daytona 2001 is maybe not as impossible as many first thought.
http://www.dcserv.org - NOT up to date.
Will be online for educational purposes, for now.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#43 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:16 am

petter3k wrote:Daytona 2001 is maybe not as impossible as many first thought.

I was wondering when you would have said something about that.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

colgate
Doom

Post#44 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:37 pm

Awesome!

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#45 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Now about games like PBA. Since port forwarding isn't quite a viable option considering security concerns, isn't DMZ a foolproof plan or is it pretty much mandatory in this day in age? I asked because I couldn't play online regardless of the port forwarding settings and whether or not I'm hosting or not. I mean I can not host, but when I join someone I timed out upon launching the game.

Xiden
Developer

Post#46 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:59 am

scaryred24 wrote:Now about games like PBA. Since port forwarding isn't quite a viable option considering security concerns, isn't DMZ a foolproof plan or is it pretty much mandatory in this day in age? I asked because I couldn't play online regardless of the port forwarding settings and whether or not I'm hosting or not. I mean I can not host, but when I join someone I timed out upon launching the game.

You could direct connect the pi to the modem to see if its the isp blocking ports.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#47 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Xiden wrote:
scaryred24 wrote:Now about games like PBA. Since port forwarding isn't quite a viable option considering security concerns, isn't DMZ a foolproof plan or is it pretty much mandatory in this day in age? I asked because I couldn't play online regardless of the port forwarding settings and whether or not I'm hosting or not. I mean I can not host, but when I join someone I timed out upon launching the game.

You could direct connect the pi to the modem to see if its the isp blocking ports.

Now first off I'm still using the Netopia router method since I don't have a Raspberry Pi yet so I have to check the logs from there to see what is going on. There are no ne stating it is the modem itself so I can safely rule that one out. secondly I have turned on DMZ on my router for the Netopia router 2 nights ago, but since I can only set one up at a time it may get tricky when I have to deal with more than one. As for the change recently, now I have to try that out again.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#48 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:49 pm

The real question is, "has anyone connected to this game with the Netopia method and played it"? I have connected online with PBA using Netopia, but it does not accept my login and that is where I am at.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#49 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:The real question is, "has anyone connected to this game with the Netopia method and played it"? I have connected online with PBA using Netopia, but it does not accept my login and that is where I am at.

I've managed to get pass that with a Netopia router. I can get to the lobby and then someone's room before I start to have problems. Hosting isn't an option right now since all I want is to play. Speaking of not being able to get on, I have my primary DNS set to what Dreampi uses to connect to the network (46.101.91.123) and the login thing isn't finalized yet. Enter whatever username that you so desire, but the password is preset to all users which is "pass" without quotations.

Now the issue i'm having is while I'm trying to troubleshoot, it's like taking two steps forwards for the first part and one step backwards one step forwards and one step backwards for everything else succeeding the first step in progress. It's like this for me.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#50 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Yes, I am using the DreamPi DNS address but when I login using pass as a password it hangs up a little bit then tells me unable to login. So I do get to login, sorry for the lack of detail in my previous post.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs