Wanted: New Dreamcast Live Host

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Wanted: New Dreamcast Live Host

Post#1 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:22 pm

I'm looking for someone to host a second weekly "Game Night" for Dreamcast Live. I hope to solve a couple issues that we currently have with just the one Game Night. Firstly, Game Night isn't at the greatest time for international players as it ends up being very early in the morning. Second, we now have 9 games in the Game Night rotation which means we only get to play each game once every couple months. That being said, I need to find someone who can reliably host a game every week on either Saturday or Sunday at a time that will work for both North American and international players. I was thinking around 8PM UK time (4:00PM Eastern US). The game would be about 1.5 to 2 hours but you can host for longer if you so desire. Obviously one requirement would be that you own and are able to play all the currently online games. Please let me know if you're interested.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

colgate
Doom

Re: Wanted: New Dreamcast Live Host

Post#2 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:34 pm

I can host them here in Brazil at Sunday's but I'm not sure about the latency. And I rather do it later so I can joy the fun also [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:17 pm

colgate wrote:I can host them here in Brazil at Sunday's but I'm not sure about the latency. And I rather do it later so I can joy the fun also

Ideally I'd like someone from the UK to host as that's kind of the "target audience" for this but I'll consider your application. :)
PSO Characters:

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:47 pm

I would mind assisting if I wasn't located where I currently am.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#5 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:55 pm

scaryred24 wrote:I would mind assisting if I wasn't located where I currently am.

Your location is more of a preference, not really a requirement. I just think that this event will be most popular with UK players so I figure a UK host would be ideal. I'll see who else responds and see who the candidates are. :)
PSO Characters:

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#6 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:12 pm

I'd definately love to see a UK host for game night. I am on JST, so its usually impossible for me to join Wed night, as thats Thursday morning for me. A UK based game night would be at least a bit more possible.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:09 pm

Nico0020 wrote:I'd definately love to see a UK host for game night. I am on JST, so its usually impossible for me to join Wed night, as thats Thursday morning for me. A UK based game night would be at least a bit more possible.

I was just thinking about anyone within the Oceania Area would have pitched in, but that works just as well.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#8 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:12 am

Sunday Brunchcast(somewhat joking)

What I think should be done is a bunch of people hang out in other communities and post that this stuff exists. I've been in segaretro irc and most people there don't even know about any of this. I was just in there to talk to some developers or a bunch of SA PC mods, but if you hang out in sega nerd lair IRC(this is not a bad thing) and they don't even know about this stuff, it's pretty obscure

It would be nice not needing meetup times, you could just get on anything with flooded servers. I guess one can dreamcast :y

But seriously
When AFO is finished imo Sunday should be AFO. I see that being really amazing
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#9 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:17 am

@PC why not just have two different games each Wednesday? One hour game #1 and hour two game #2
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#10 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:39 am

DR TEAMCAST wrote:@PC why not just have two different games each Wednesday? One hour game #1 and hour two game #2

Because that wouldn't solve the problem of the game being too late for players in the UK and other countries in similar time zones.
PSO Characters: