Game Night Extension Beyond DC-talk

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Game Night Extension Beyond DC-talk

Post#1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:23 pm

I'm not sure how many other sites get to see our schedules for our game nights but I think we should spread the word via whatever facebook/twitter we have + other dc communities :)

I'll try posting our game nights on dreamcast onlineconsoles too.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Game Night Extension Beyond DC-talk

Post#2 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:28 pm

Agreed. Anything we try cannot hurt. DCJY would be a good spot as well.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#3 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:19 am

This is a great idea. Like bob said, it certainly cant hurt anything. But i doubt it will help ;)
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:20 am

In dreamcast.es, every week the game nights are adviced, but not so much success too, few users with DreamPi, yes, but maybe lack of time of that users. The timezone is perfect for us to the UK game night here in Spain, and the scene is "healthy", with differents WIP proyects about the DC and active users following news.
I asked to the admins for a survey to the users that says in another words "What is your main problem to dont own a DreamPi":
For now the winning answer is "I dont have a DreamPi but i want one."
That gives somes hopes to see more users soon. My dear Xiden, you have a nice imagination, any new idea? :-(
I have ready some LVI to sell, is not the awesome and finished works of Tact but that LVI's works fine on PAL dreamcast. Im not able to make a mass production, nop, but in a pair of days i can make and send one to europe with a reasonable cost. Only the LVI, the 56kb usb modem is another history, hard to find in person here.

By other side, here in my country is so easy and free to connect via OldSchool direct Dial-Up the Dreamcast to internet, another mystery to add about why are not more users on the game nights. Im making on the free times (soo slowly, im not a developer hahah, but i work with developers so close) a Dreamcast Now Apk for android users, a little app that helps to follow who is online and some more. The apk itself is easy, but im wanna make it a bit cute and try things before present anything. That needs the aproval of the admins and test to see if not overloads the DreamcastNow! host. Maybe all is done on xmas, but overall, you can see the same visiting the web for now. This would be more a "add-on" than a main app, but if it helps...
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#5 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:17 am

I give the scredules on my forum and the differents news on my blog.
I'll sell the Dreampi RTU for Europe.
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -