Update: DreamPi 1.7 is now available which includes this utility. If a newer version of wificonfig is available, you can update it using the instructions below.
Update 6/3/2019: Version 1.3 is now available. You can see the changelog here.
Instructions (only for updating):
1. Copy the wificonfig file to the DreamPi SD card (will be labeled as "boot" when plugged into a PC).
2. On the DreamPi, login with username "pi" and password "raspberry".
3. Type "sudo cp wificonfig /usr/local/bin" and hit Enter.
Alternatively you can download and install it directly to your Pi using this command (this assumes your Pi is already connected to the internet):
Code: Select all
wget -q "http://www.dreamcastlive.net/files/Downloads/wificonfig" -O /usr/local/bin/wificonfig
The program is now installed! To run it type "sudo wificonfig".
You have the following options. Type the corresponding number and hit Enter.
1. Enable Wi-Fi - Enables the Wi-Fi adapter.
2. Disable Wi-Fi - Disables the Wi-Fi adapter.
3. Add Wi-Fi Network - Adds a Wi-Fi network and enables the Wi-Fi adapter.
4. Set Country Code - Allows you to set your Country Code (for use with the Pi 3 B+ or 5GHz Wi-Fi).
5. Remove Wi-Fi Networks - Deletes all Wi-Fi networks.
Wi-Fi setup instructions:
1. Select ‘Add Wi-Fi Network’ by typing 3 and hitting Enter.
2. Select either ‘ Secured’ or ‘ Open’ depending on if your Wi-Fi network has a password or not.
3. Type in your Wi-Fi SSID (this is the name of your wireless network) and hit Enter.
4. Type in your Wi-Fi password and hit Enter.
(You will not see this step if you selected an Open network)
5. Confirm the information by typing either ‘y’ for yes or ‘n’ for no and hitting Enter.
6. Type ‘sudo reboot’ and hit Enter to restart the Pi.