SoulCalibur

A section to post your reviews of Dreamcast games. See rules for details.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Rating System: Please include a rating on the scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to put the name of the game in the topic title (game name must be first in the title) Example: 'Toy Racer Review by yadayadagames'. Also include a poll with options 1-10 other users can rate the game (you can add our own subtitles for each ranking or leave it blank). Example: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=789

Poll: Does SOULCALIBUR have a high enough amount of caliber that it's legend will never die?

10: Hell yes!
59%
9 Totally
17%
8 probably
14%
7 maybe
3%
6 probably not
3%
5& under don't know what they are talking about haha
3%
Total votes: 29

Megas_XLR
minority

SoulCalibur

Post#1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm

This is a review I write on neotoonami which is a toonsmi fan project.
Some argue that KOF is the best fighter while others may say Street Fighter 2 47th Strike is the best or this game or that. They all may be great, but NOTHING can top SOULCALIBUR in my opinion. I say this because, to me SOULCALIBUR is quite possibly the most perfect fighting game of all time. Maybe even the most perfect GAME even.
CONTROLS: The controls are perfect, when you press a button it happens, no delay they aren't floaty or anything when I think of perfection in control it's always this or Super Mario brothers.
Game modes: SOULCALIBUR has quite a variety of game modes, ranging from survival to time attack and mission battle mode. The biggest mode is mission battle mode where you have to get points to buy art cards. There are 322 cards and range from twenty? To twenty five hundred points. The missions vary in style like, in one the rats bite your feet and you fall or don't touch the edge it will damage you missions. They are fun but eventually the missions get EXTREMELY HARD. You can go back and do easier missions though but you won't get as many points as a hard mission. Aside from the mission battle mode, there is also Arcade mode. After beating it with x amount of characters you get a new one and general fighting game unlockable stuff.
VISUALS: the graphics in this game are truly amazing. The graphics can actually hold up to current gen wii and possibly low end Xbox 360 games. The stages are crisp clean and are great. Like you can even change the season or time of day depending on the stage. The characters look great also; Definitly as good as late Xbox graphics or better.
SOUND: I really love the music in the game especially the main theme. Biggest complaint is that when you beat a female character it sounds like a orgasm which can be weird when playing with another player.
Overall I give SOULCALIBUR a 10/10
Need a ending pun here thinking something like: Thanks to the caliber of this game it's legend will never die!
Sorry in advance if I fuck up the poll

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Re: Megas XLR REVIEWS SOULCALIBUR

Post#2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Street Fighter 2 47th Strike

o_O
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Megas_XLR
minority

Post#3 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:58 pm

CD AGES wrote:
Street Fighter 2 47th Strike

o_O

I was joking about the tons of versions of sf2

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh, I see. Well when the Dreamcast is concerned, that's not a bad thing ;)

Megas_XLR
minority

Post#5 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:10 pm

I wrote this on a different forum so it's supposed to maje fun of the genisis games not sf3

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Oh, if that's the case, the Genesis only received 2 SF2 titles lol! Which isn't much at all compared to what the Dreamcast got ;)

Megas_XLR
minority

Post#7 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:26 pm

I thought it got turbo and all those oops

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Nope! SNES got Turbo. Genesis technically got "Turbo Hyper Fighting" but it came packed within the Champion Edition Cart which isn't a bad deal at all if u ask me ;)

Megas_XLR
minority

Post#9 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:42 pm

I have champion Ed. But you get what I mean about the tons of editions

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Goodtimes. Yeah, I get ya. But like said previously, when the Dreamcast is concerned, its not a bad thing. Dreamcast got some of the best games out of the SF legacy of countless installments. DC got the definitive port of MVC2, One of the best versions of CVS2 via Import, the same goes with ST (its the closest version of any home port) and the ISO community has been at it to bring us the best version of 3S the DC can possibly have. After all these years these game are still respected and above everything, still played at the highest levels of tournament play alongside the slew of current fighting game titles. To me, that's the true testament of fighting games worth.

Return to “Reviews”