Dreamcast Marathon Online

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
TJ Kitsune
noob

Dreamcast Marathon Online

Post#1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:16 pm

Greetings!
So some of you may be aware of a 24 hour "Dreamless Dreamcast Marathon" that the now defunct group once known as Sega Addicts once put on. If you haven't heard, well, it's a Charity event that the Sega Addicts put on once a year around the anniversary of the Dreamcast! (That's September 9th, for us U.S. folks!) Some of us ex-members have decided that we'd like to continue this event as it's own thing.

For our first official year, we are being hosted by Sega Nerds/Mega Visions Magazine and the charity will be for the Pittsburgh Children's Hospital in the U.S. and will be holding it on the weekend of September 1st, 2018. We'd like to try and do a few online games with the community and we will be live streaming all 24 hours on Twitch! (http://twitch.tv/MegaVisionsMag)

This is where you all come in! What times would be good for you all and what games would you like to be broadcast to the world? Please let us know in this topic if you would like to participate, your times available, and the games you'd be interested in.

Start time for the marathon is September 1st, 2018 @ 8AM EST!

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: Dreamcast Marathon Online

Post#2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:04 am

i'm in for sure!! that saturday...i should be avalable off and on throughout the day...just depends on whats going on with my kids...but for sure when they go to bed...around 9pm EST until around 12am would be prime for me

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:05 am

oh as far as games...WSB2k2 would be great...and maybe some AFO

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:00 am

Since there will be multiple of you in the stream, maybe play one of the games that supports two local players like ChuChu Rocket or Ooga Booga. Of course PSO is a given as well, especially since you're playing on Saturday when a ton of people are usually on.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:44 pm

ooga booga would be awesome....i've been playing single player last day or so just to get better

TJ Kitsune
noob

Post#6 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:12 pm

Thank you for those who have replied! Keep suggestions coming, please! We're trying to get together our schedule and will include some of those listed for sure!

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#7 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:30 am

If you need anyone to host via twitch I would be happy to do so via my channel ItsMuchMore
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

ScottyMoFoSho
shadow

Post#8 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:32 am

Greetings, all! I am hosting this insanity from my house and am very excited to see the response on here! As TJ mentioned, we are trying to gage the interest in organizing some online play during the Marathon.

We also have weekly updates posting on Reddit. Feel free to swing by. Next week's post will be very relevant to this site with "What Game Do you Want to See its Online Reignited?" Be sure to keep an eye out!

Thanks, everyone!

#StillThinking
Co-host of Static Zone Podcast. YouTube parody unboxings. Drummer. Are you the internet?

YouTube Unboxing Parodies

Static Zone Podcast

ScottyMoFoSho
shadow

Post#9 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:14 am

Probably would have helped if I included the link to the most recent Reddit topic, haha: https://www.reddit.com/user/ScottyMoFoS ... _the_most/
Co-host of Static Zone Podcast. YouTube parody unboxings. Drummer. Are you the internet?

YouTube Unboxing Parodies

Static Zone Podcast

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#10 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:52 pm

Is there going to be any more of these?