Dreamcast Live Saturday Night Sports Night!! - Saturdays @ 9:00PM Eastern

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Dreamcast Live Monday Night Sportsball - Mondays @ 9:00PM Eastern

Post#101 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:01 pm

Reminder if sportsnight upcoming in two days
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#102 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:18 pm

i will be there.

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#103 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:00 am

I want to say yes ill be there but then Monday night comes around and im sleeping on recliner after work. I'll throw in a strong maybe ;0
Italian Stallion

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#104 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:37 pm

i wonder if we should just start rotating sports games each monday. i say this because we dont get the best turnout for these...and was thinking if we post which sports game will be played first couple days before sports night, then it might make it easier for people to show up...they'll know in advance which game to play..and wont have to go do dc-talk right before game time...basically eliminating a step

anyway just a thought

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#105 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:13 pm

I am always a little late. By then, either there is a game going and someone giving up hope to play, thus not being online when I log into DC-Talk. Two games are played at the most at once.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#106 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:46 pm

Well we were going to rotate games but it didn't pan out simply because no one was showing up.

My thought on it is that Monday night might not be the best night for it. Its the best night in the sense that it kind of ties into the whole Monday night football thing but that may actually be part of the problem as far as player turnout. I think that generally the same people who enjoy the sports games also enjoy watching real sports and so those people are probably preoccupied with real football on Monday nights.

I'm not so sure that competing the time slot against the real thing is the best for player turnout. Mondays also seem to be much less active around here in terms of people posting on the forums or chatting in the main page. An entire Monday can go by here without a single post in the forum or chat box.

So while it may fit with the catchy name playing off of Monday night football, Mondays may not be the best day for sports night.

I think quake and PSO are so successful on Fridays and Saturdays because that's just when people are around and like to play games.

So maybe we can talk about that here and see what everyone else thinks. But as far as tomorrow specifically... I have some personal things to tend to and won't be around to play.

If anyone wants to get a make up game in with me through the week or anytime just send me a PM.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#107 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:02 pm

Very well said, 2koolpa. All I can say is including today, I have shown up every week but so few log on, usually there is one game in progress and no 4th player available. I have been bumping the topic up every week for over a month to promote it. Maybe Tuesday is better for others (Monday being a break from the weekend Dreamcast events).

That is all I have.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Xiden
Developer

Post#108 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:25 pm

I'd say move it to Saturday nights when more people are off as my suggestion.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#109 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:45 pm

xiden i think i agree about saturdays...i am finding it hard to get online each monday....i am either still doing work related stuff...dealing with my kids...or just plain exhausted....but basically fri and sat nights seem to be my personal prime time to game....and sunday nights are ok too

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#110 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:50 pm

move everything to saturday!