Hosting an Event we call Sega Night: Looking for Participants

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
WorldlyBoar
shadow

Hosting an Event we call Sega Night: Looking for Participants

Post#1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm

Hello!

I am new to this site, hoping this is the right spot to post. I host an event with local friends about once every 3 Months we call "Sega Night." We send the wives away and play video games for about a 48 hour period free of distraction, it rules.

I just purchased the Pi 3 DreamPi Kit, and would LOVE to find some other players willing to join us to play some Unreal, Quake III and possibly ChuChu Rocket.

The event is on Dec 14th. We are in California (GMT -8) and since there is no hosting of these games on Saturday, hoping I can get some commitment from a few folks here to join us!

Thank you!

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Re: Hosting an Event we call Sega Night: Looking for Participants

Post#2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:45 pm

i can probably swing by and play a little while if you post again when its much much closer, but you're gonna be disappointed if you go trying to get in a server of UT online, it has not yet been resurrected.

WorldlyBoar
shadow

Post#3 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:04 pm

Ah i see, I haven't gotten that far through in my research on how to do this I guess! Thanks for the heads up.

I'll follow up with more info as the date gets closer (time and games).

Thanks for the reply!

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#4 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:28 pm

this will help. shows all the games that can go online and in what capacity. some only let you on for leaderboards for example. https://www.dreamcastlive.net/games

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#5 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:01 am

Chu chu rocket is a ton of fun. Unfortunately I moved and have yet to get my dreamcast back online though. :/

4x4 evo is a good one as well

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#6 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:26 am

Sounds cool. Play some Ooga Booga, that game is an absolute blast with friends. I am sad I missed out in it back in the day, but thankfully it was resurrected.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#7 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:17 pm

for sure, boar polo is pretty exciting

WorldlyBoar
shadow

Post#8 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:27 pm

poopidoop wrote:this will help. shows all the games that can go online and in what capacity. some only let you on for leaderboards for example. https://www.dreamcastlive.net/games

Yeah I thought this is where I pulled UT being online from but guess I was wrong.

Question, is anything that is hosted, open to join at anytime and it is really just coordinating with folks to make sure we are online at the same time?

Currently still waiting on the DreamPi to do some testing but that is my understanding of how it works currently.

WorldlyBoar
shadow

Post#9 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Nico0020 wrote:Sounds cool. Play some Ooga Booga, that game is an absolute blast with friends. I am sad I missed out in it back in the day, but thankfully it was resurrected.

I'm open to suggestions so I will ask the group what they think. We will all be local at the same location so the thought was to all join (4 players here locally) and then find random folks from this forum who are elsewhere, to join us and we can all compete!

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#10 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:18 pm

well playing online with all 4 will be a problem. youll only get one dreamcast online there unless you have a seperate ip for each, using more than 1 dreampi on a router wont work because the ip scheme will be the same, itll just try to look for a .98 and they all have it. there are some games that let you use more than one controller online on a system though off the top of my head chu chu rocket and i think 4x4