Dreamcast Live Game Night - Driving Strikers: Wednesday 3/27 @ 9:00PM Eastern

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
Anomaly
shadow

Re: Dreamcast Live Game Night - Starlancer: Wednesday 11/28 @ 10:00PM Eastern

Post#2591 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:40 pm

I'm trying hard to join using my dreampi, but keep getting an "error joining game message". I've double checked the DMZ setting, set up manual port forwarding, and confirmed my IP using Quake 3, but no luck. Any suggestions? I really liked this game and have never been able to play it online (I've joined alienfront, quake 3 and others with no problem on the dreampi)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#2592 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:36 pm

Anomaly wrote:I'm trying hard to join using my dreampi, but keep getting an "error joining game message".

Welcome to Starlancer online! :lol: Unfortunately the game is just really buggy when it comes to hosting and joining games. A lot of the time we end up having a couple different games because one or more people can't join a certain game. So yeah, that's pretty much par for the course.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Anomaly
shadow

Post#2593 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:45 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Welcome to Starlancer online! :lol: Unfortunately the game is just really buggy when it comes to hosting and joining games. A lot of the time we end up having a couple different games because one or more people can't join a certain game. So yeah, that's pretty much par for the course.

Well that's a bummer. I've hosted a game called "Anomaly ?" That I'll keep up until midnight eastern. If someone could try joining it and let me know how it goes, I'd appreciate it.

Xiden
Developer

Post#2594 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:49 pm

Anomaly wrote:I'm trying hard to join using my dreampi, but keep getting an "error joining game message". I've double checked the DMZ setting, set up manual port forwarding, and confirmed my IP using Quake 3, but no luck. Any suggestions? I really liked this game and have never been able to play it online (I've joined alienfront, quake 3 and others with no problem on the dreampi)

I got booted a few times from the games myself. I noticed once im booted from a game due to freezing no one else can join that game. I tried joining your game but it wouldnt let me. I find that if you disconnect for 15 mins then rejoin and refreshes the irc server. If you are free tomorrow evening maybe I can try and help you get on starlancer.
Last edited by Xiden on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xiden
Developer

Post#2595 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:51 pm

Anomaly wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:Welcome to Starlancer online! :lol: Unfortunately the game is just really buggy when it comes to hosting and joining games. A lot of the time we end up having a couple different games because one or more people can't join a certain game. So yeah, that's pretty much par for the course.

Well that's a bummer. I've hosted a game called "Anomaly ?" That I'll keep up until midnight eastern. If someone could try joining it and let me know how it goes, I'd appreciate it.

If you have time disconnect for about 15 mins the. Create a new game. Then ill sign on and try to join u

Anomaly
shadow

Post#2596 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:56 pm

Thanks, I just disconnected and will stay offline till 10 after. Then I'll set up a game called Anomaly 2.

Anomaly
shadow

Post#2597 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:16 am

New game up and running now (12:15 to 12:30 am eastern time)

Xiden
Developer

Post#2598 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:19 am

Anomaly wrote:New game up and running now (12:15 to 12:30 am eastern time)

Just tried no luck. Can u start the match once u create a new game?

Also try and join mine.

Lastly have you DMZs your Dreamcasts IP not the Pis IP?

Anomaly
shadow

Post#2599 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:21 am

I'll try joining yours. Yup, DMZ to the dreamcast (.98, as shown in Quake3), and works fine with Alienfront etc. I can start the starlancer game fly through asteroids etc.

Anomaly
shadow

Post#2600 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:26 am

Saw your game "Test" and tried to join, but got the same error. I think I'll have to call it a night for now and look into using an alternate WAN/router before trying this again (maybe based on LTE). Thank you for the advice and the troubleshooting help though. Hopefully I'll have better luck next game night