Sunday/Monday nights Quake III and PSO

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
Cornerb0y
stalker

Re: Sunday/Monday nights Quake III and PSO

Post#11 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Anyone on for today?

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#12 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanx for playing PSO, Spyro! I'll be on later tonight (after 8pm est -5GMT). If anyone is interested, please post what game (PSO or Q3).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Cornerb0y
stalker

Post#13 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:18 pm

In honor of Quakecon, let's play some quake first, then maybe some PSO!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Ok
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#15 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:04 am

Thanks to brourke228 & Impulse for playing last night!
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

ch0pzta
GD-ROM

Post#16 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Yes, thanks guys, was great to see people playing at that time (my afternoon), i had an awesome time!
Current online Dreamcast games:
Quake 3 Arena - -ch0pzta>
Phantasy Star Online (Version 2) - ch0pzta - HUmar - YELLOWBOZE Lv60-odd

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#17 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Sorry I left you out of my post choptza. Didn't find out you joined after I left Quake until after I posted.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

AtomicPunk
dark night

Post#18 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:30 pm

I never played Quake before, I might have to get it in a couple weeks or something and i'll play with you guys.

I honestly didn't even know about this site, if I did I would've got my Dreamcast online years ago.

Kind of funny my history, I got rid of the Dreamcast thinking you couldn't play it online, then years later I saw one at a garage sale for 20 bucks in 2009. Bought it, then didn't know if I would actually play it. Then I bought a VGA Box for it and I started playing it again when I got my first HDTV. Was BLOWN AWAY! Could not believe how good it looks in widescreen.

Then about a year ago I came across some of these private servers after I had found out about private servers for other online games I was curious to type in google "dreamcast servers" and sure enough I see all these sites. Took me awhile to save up enough for a BBA so I hope you guys keep playing and I will definitely be around for some gaming on here.

To me I think (getting off topic) SEGA gave up on Dreamcast too quick, if you compare Game sales on VGCHartz between Dreamcast and Wii U while Wii U has had higher selling single titles like Mario Kart, in total with all the 3rd part titles SEGA sold over 65 million copies of games to just over 53 million for Wii U presently (also about the same time period there wasn't really any games being released for dreamcast at this stage of Wii U's lifecycle so more titles in less time for Dreamcast). Huge discrepancy there, I really think Dreamcast could've been supported longer

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#19 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:07 pm

It could have, except that Sega was in a much worse financial position after the Western failure of the Saturn than Nintendo was after the massive success of the Wii. Nintendo could afford to support a failed product, but Sega couldn't. Sega's demise was sadly a long time coming.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#20 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:23 pm

This exactly. Sega was hurting aleady from a full generation of throwing ideas on the shelf and seeing what would stick. Things like the 32x and the botched saturn launch. Not to mention the famous quote of "the saturn is not our future." Nintendo has lots of cash to sit on from the oiginal wii and DS, where as sega was hemorrhaging money.

There was a bad PR quote that forced segas hand to pull out a bit earlier than intended on the Dreamcast also. Its a shame too as an extra year could have seen some good titles to go out on.

Ps2 and piracy didnt kill the DC(although it helped), Segas bad management in the 90s sent it into a battle it had no chance of winning.