Dreamcast Live Game Night UK - NBA Night: Sunday 4/28 @ 8:00PM UK

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
Jako
Sunday Shootout

Re: Dreamcast Live Game Night UK - Quake III Arena: Sunday 2/7 @ 8:00PM UK

Post#1971 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:39 pm

Jako wrote:Maybe offtopic but is a apologize and maybe a help for new Dreampi users...:

Sorry for my connection issues the last 2 GameNights, (maybe all the Jan month with the fail) but i found the issues later.
My Dreampi problem wasn't the Port Forward or DMZ (i never used it, no need to disable SSH).
The devil here is the CG-NAT that my ISP enabled without any advice in 2021.
This is like a kick in the mouth because all the router config never will work on this aspect, my IP is not public and sure that IPv6 and Dreamcast world are not friends jajajja.

Dreamcast was always in advance of his time, but that is maybe so much jajajja.

Lesson learned kids, spit on your ISP provider if they enable CGNAT.
Again, sorry, I missed last Ooga Booga game night and my revenge with the company will be very big :-)

Have a nice day!!! (Sorry for my bad english)

HI!! The CG-NAT still enabled by my Internet provider... Is a pain, the games that don't need any port forward don't works too. The Dreamcast connects to internet, but no login with Q3 server.

Most games that I had tested fails on some point or other... But never gets to play anything

Usually on this situations I drop the joypad through the window or give bites to the table... But this issue is not in my hands and the only thing that I can do is wait one day or two to recover my "normal" connection

Again,sorry. I will test for fun tonight,i'm seeing new errors and is fun jajajja, but again, I can't play anything for now. Sorry sorry sorry :-(
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

DaiNew
undertow

Post#1972 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:06 pm

Had to bail out sorry folks, Dad duties calling. Got a solid hour in there though. Enjoyed CTF - wasn't sure how to get in to the right servers. Is there any way you can join someone else's game or see who is in each server?

First time online with dreampi and first multiplayer Q3 - loved it!

DaiNew

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wirewizard
undertow

Post#1973 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Unfortunately I was cheating tonight, I've always played q3 on pc and didn't have a mouse on the dreamcast. I did struggle to get connected to the servers initially though, different versions and map packs etc.

I will get a mouse for next time though and face you guys on even terms. GG, love Q3A.
Wirewizard

Https://www.twitch.tv/Wirewizard1 Twitch Channel

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#1974 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:32 pm

DaiNew wrote:Had to bail out sorry folks, Dad duties calling. Got a solid hour in there though. Enjoyed CTF - wasn't sure how to get in to the right servers. Is there any way you can join someone else's game or see who is in each server?

DaiNew

GGms and sorry for your terrible connection. We play every friday night at 8pm US eastern time
Italian Stallion

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#1975 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Wirewizard wrote:Unfortunately I was cheating tonight, I've always played q3 on pc and didn't have a mouse on the dreamcast. I did struggle to get connected to the servers initially though, different versions and map packs etc.

I will get a mouse for next time though and face you guys on even terms. GG, love Q3A.

That is ok. As a pc player u did play with honor and respect for the dc cummunity. Please join us on fragnights every friday 8 pm US Eastern time. Get that dc back on lol
Italian Stallion

SirRockEmSockEm
rebel

Post#1976 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:43 pm

DaiNew wrote:Had to bail out sorry folks, Dad duties calling. Got a solid hour in there though. Enjoyed CTF - wasn't sure how to get in to the right servers. Is there any way you can join someone else's game or see who is in each server?

DaiNew

GGs man!

For future reference, on the in-game server browser, select a server, then hit the "More" button, and you can see who is in that particular server.

Krispy
noob

Post#1977 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:03 pm

Wirewizard wrote:Unfortunately I was cheating tonight, I've always played q3 on pc and didn't have a mouse on the dreamcast. I did struggle to get connected to the servers initially though, different versions and map packs etc.

Don't worry it's fine, I actually had lots of fun trying my absolute hardest to try and beat you, it was difficult but I enjoyed myself and if it's because you couldn't play on dc at that time it's fine. GG

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Dreamcast Live Game Night UK - POD SpeedZone: Sunday 2/14 @ 8:00PM UK

Post#1978 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:40 pm

Who's in for POD next week?

@Jako You should message Shu about your connection issues. I'm sure he could help you figure it out.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Wirewizard
undertow

Post#1979 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:15 pm

GG's Krispy and Mechanic (and everyone else I played), you guys are really good, even on pc, I struggled. I will get a mouse and get the dreamcast involved next time. You guys kept me on my toes :)

I'll Deffo join for a frag night once I get a dreamcast mouse, make it fair :) I missed playing Q3

I'm up for POD this weekend, looking forward to it.
Wirewizard

Https://www.twitch.tv/Wirewizard1 Twitch Channel

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#1980 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:35 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Who's in for POD next week?

@Jako You should message Shu about your connection issues. I'm sure he could help you figure it out.

Thanks PC!!! I tried in many ways, local NAT too, but no results...

But here is the most difficult part... I was writing to Shu from last year via DC-Talk PM but I'm sure that any message reach to him jajjajaja.
I only wanted to say hello to him,happy summer,merry Xmas... But no results XD

I will try vía Skype ;-) Thanks PC!!
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!