GDEmu disc swap process question

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
areyareadyherewego
undertow

GDEmu disc swap process question

Post#1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:00 am

I believe d2 is the only game that requires mid disc swap without a save before swapping, if you were to come back to another disc later instead of right away. Maybe from googling skies of Arcadia is liket this as well

on shenmue when I go from disc 1 to 2, I pressed the button on the PCB next to the SD card and it booted back to gdmenu and selected disc2 in the list of titles, not sure if that was continuously handled tho or if this will work for a game like d2? Was hard to tell considering it saves the game2 start save to VMU before so its not the best test like d2 and skies.

am I supposed to press the button and it should automatically boot into the next disc? or its normal to go to gdmenu and you confirm the disc?

If it isn’t working how would i go about fixing it? I use the easy windows app to drag and manage stuff, and the clone is not fw updatable so would i just be screwed for those types of games?

RetrogamerX
shadow

Re: GDEmu disc swap process question

Post#2 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:42 am

I would like to know this as well. Been looking all over the Internet on how to swap discs in D2 on gdemu clone
Last edited by RetrogamerX on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Vagabond

Post#3 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:36 am

Now i could be wrong but you have to change the ini file to longer time some one told me.. but i dont think this game can be played proper on a gdemu?

from what ive been told
Skies has a 100% crash, if you leave it on the opening demo cut-scene (can be skipped). D2 has inconsistent swap code when running with the ODE i.e does not recognize the swap of discs when it prompts the user (50/50 rate sometimes).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

https://discord.gg/ZHb4rCq discord for my projects :)

https://twitter.com/IanMicheal10 Reach me on twitter:)

RetrogamerX
shadow

Post#4 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:03 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Now i could be wrong but you have to change the ini file to longer time some one told me.. but i dont think this game can be played proper on a gdemu?

from what ive been told
Skies has a 100% crash, if you leave it on the opening demo cut-scene (can be skipped). D2 has inconsistent swap code when running with the ODE i.e does not recognize the swap of discs when it prompts the user (50/50 rate sometimes).

Thanks for the info.

I was going to sell my USB-GDRom and just use the GDEMU as my daily ode, but D2 and Skies of Arcadia are a few of my favourites I can't live without. I think I'll keep my USB-GDRom and just have the GDEMU as my backup.

Aleron Ives
Uber

Post#5 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:15 pm

Doesn't SOA let you save the game when it's time to use disc 2? Just save and power cycle when you swap discs.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

areyareadyherewego
undertow

Post#6 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:34 pm

Yeah as mentioned just intro video freezes if you let it run through all of it

On d2, given disc swap on the fly is 50/50, I’m curious how long the last save is before being prompted to enter disc2,3 and 4 for those very familiar with the game

Are we talking 15 minutes or hours of play