Is this a known issue with the Half-Life GDI rom/ISO?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Is this a known issue with the Half-Life GDI rom/ISO?

Post#11 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:54 pm

sorry for the late reply. I'll make you guys a copy of the last prototype from hidden palace. let's see if that solves your problem.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#12 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:25 pm

half-life April 2001 prototype with cover added for gdemu and dreamshell.

https://mega.nz/file/9yYknBRK#q9JL6wecK ... IcC_QvjQds

check this one for me and see if it fixes the problem. I will rebuild the version the gold edition one too and post a link when I'm done.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#13 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:59 pm

Half-Life Gold Edition built from cdi file found on archive.org

please test it out to see if the codes work...

https://mega.nz/file/ZmZjzaLC#JQDRAQzI4 ... toObIrC6EQ

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#14 » Fri May 28, 2021 4:24 pm

I've tested both versions posted here and level select code work and the game runs fine.

runkthepunk
Doom

Post#15 » Sat May 29, 2021 12:48 am

Hey dubcity thanks for doing that it's really appreciated.

I will dig out my Half-Life VMU later and see if I can get past the area that was crashing for me on Blue Shift

runkthepunk
Doom

Post#16 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:06 am

Hey

Sorry for the delay but I finally dug out my Half Life VMU and loaded up my save.

I am on 'Focal Point' and looking online at playthrough video am probably about half way through the level.

It 99% always crashes in the same place as you use an organic trampoilne thing to jump up into the next area.

It doesn't matter which version of Half Life I use, and that includes other peoples CDI versions etc. I guess I could have a corrupt save but I have been back to the save before and played through and get the same issue, pictures below:

GOLD

APRIL 2001

Not seen this screen on any other playthroughs of the main game or at any other point in Blue Shift either

runkthepunk
Doom

Post#17 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:21 am

Watching a video playthough online it seemed that the player was saving all the time and they managed to get past the area where it kept crashing for me.

I tend to save infrequently so I decided to save a couple more times before I got to the trampoline.

It still crashed when I got up to the next area BUT when I loaded the save close to the trampoline it was able to allow me past the crashing section! :D

I can carry on playing Blue Shift for the first time now

Thanks to dubcity for the new versions I'll be using April 2001 for the rest of my playthrough

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#18 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:37 am

runkthepunk wrote:Watching a video playthough online it seemed that the player was saving all the time and they managed to get past the area where it kept crashing for me.

I tend to save infrequently so I decided to save a couple more times before I got to the trampoline.

It still crashed when I got up to the next area BUT when I loaded the save close to the trampoline it was able to allow me past the crashing section! :D

I can carry on playing Blue Shift for the first time now

Thanks to dubcity for the new versions I'll be using April 2001 for the rest of my playthrough

Good. I'm glad to hear you found a solution. The game is a beta. A very polished beta. But still a beta.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:56 am

If you dont save often the save file grows to big to fit on the vmu.. This is old bug you also need a vmu just for this nothing else on it.. by the end of the game the save file takes every byte of space..

runkthepunk
Doom

Post#20 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:38 am

Yeah know about the file sizes getting bigger on the VMU but they were only 50 odd blocks on these particular save files so not too large, in fact I have found that Blue Shift file sizes are small in comparison to Half Life where I have had well over 100 block saves :s

Probably as dubcity says just a beta issue that just happened to crop up with this particular save file.

Thanks guys! :D