Starlancer doesn't run on my GDEMU

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

thedemon1238
lithium

Starlancer doesn't run on my GDEMU

Post#1 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:53 am

I had trouble last night to launch Starlancer from GDemu.

The game starts but locks on the Windows CE startup screen. Has anyone been able to run it on GDEmu?

Xiden
Developer

Re: Starlancer doesn't run on my GDEMU

Post#2 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:27 pm

thedemon1238 wrote:I had trouble last night to launch Starlancer from GDemu.

The game starts but locks on the Windows CE startup screen. Has anyone been able to run it on GDEmu?

If you're using a clone GDEMU its hard to diagnose but it should absolutely work with the GDEMU. Make sure you're using a GDI version of the game, preferably the Redump version that you can get of archive org

megavolt85
Developer

Post#3 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:48 pm

Redump images don't work on GDEMU. Moreover, the Redump images are not properly sliced into tracks.

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:28 pm

megavolt85 wrote:Redump images don't work on GDEMU. Moreover, the Redump images are not properly sliced into tracks.

Do you have a preference for gdemu? Tosec maybe?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:03 pm

yes, TOSEC is preferred for GDEMU and DreamShell

thedemon1238
lithium

Post#6 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:00 pm

I was using "[GDI] StarLancer [truncated]" version at first. I think this version was created exactly for GDemu, but I tested the TOSEC version too after your suggestion. Same results unfortunately. The game freeze on the Windows CE screen.

Yes, mine is cloned GDEmu. Is this a sign that is going bad? All other games that i test these days works for now. Very strange.... I even think that I've played Starlancer before on GDemu, but I'm not 100% sure, because I have it on disc too.

Thanks for telling me that the game works and the problem is somewhere in my DC.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:15 pm

thedemon1238 wrote:I was using "[GDI] StarLancer [truncated]" version at first. I think this version was created exactly for GDemu, but I tested the TOSEC version too after your suggestion. Same results unfortunately. The game freeze on the Windows CE screen.

Yes, mine is cloned GDEmu. Is this a sign that is going bad? All other games that i test these days works for now. Very strange.... I even think that I've played Starlancer before on GDemu, but I'm not 100% sure, because I have it on disc too.

Thanks for telling me that the game works and the problem is somewhere in my DC.

If it worked before and other games work we know this game works.. It would have to be the sd card or place it's on or tool used to put it on..

gdemu can load one game then it's fine dc can play any other game it's fine.. Just logic something is wrong with sd card when it reads it for this game..

That's where i start get another sd card put just this game on it..

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:47 pm

thedemon1238 wrote:I was using "[GDI] StarLancer [truncated]" version at first. I think this version was created exactly for GDemu, but I tested the TOSEC version too after your suggestion. Same results unfortunately. The game freeze on the Windows CE screen.

I agree with Ian, try a new SD card, like Sandisk. Make sure its formatted properly (Fat32). I believe GDEMu even has a SD card making program out there on the webs