GDMENU Card Manager

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sonik
Developer

Re: GDMENU Card Manager

Post#141 » Fri May 26, 2023 7:34 pm

kartoffel7 wrote:Yes, if there is a serial added to the serial.txt in the game folder, it shows in the app.

Games with not serial on the app, won't show correctly also on openMenu.

There's a bug on my beta version that saves blank serial.txt files when opening a card that already have games on it and does not have the serial.txt files.
This is already fixed and will be part of the update this weekend.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

sonik
Developer

Post#142 » Sat May 27, 2023 11:06 am

kartoffel7 wrote:Yes, if there is a serial added to the serial.txt in the game folder, it shows in the app.

New version is up. Please test and let me know if found any problem.

https://github.com/sonik-br/GDMENUCardM ... ag/testing

Windows only for now. I still need to update the other versions.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

kartoffel7
noob

Post#143 » Sun May 28, 2023 2:10 pm

Much thanks for this newest update! New version is working as expected. The app shows all serials in the list and a populated serial.txt file is now generated in the game folders that did not have them previously when saving. Renaming the serial from the app works and images/metadata from the DAT files are showing in openMenu (even the new entries I added using openMenu DAT Tools). I currently do not see any problems. If there is anything specific you'd like me to test, let me know.

Falco Girgis
Developer

Post#144 » Sun May 28, 2023 3:30 pm

Fantastic work!!! As soon as I finish up some of these KOS PRs I was working on, I have a backlog of stuff I need to get on my GDEmu, and I'll give the latest version a shot!

Thank you for this release! Absolutely epic software.

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#145 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:58 am

sonik wrote:

I was having issues on my Clone 5.20.5 running atomiswave ports on V1.3.3 openmenu version (almost all did not boot), now tried test version and atomiswave games play nice, but I'm missing description texts, options and themes in openmenu (added the 3 .DAT files)

anyway excellent job

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#146 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:23 pm

Dr Sabroson wrote:
sonik wrote:

I was having issues on my Clone 5.20.5 running atomiswave ports on V1.3.3 openmenu version (almost all did not boot), now tried test version and atomiswave games play nice, but I'm missing description texts, options and themes in openmenu (added the 3 .DAT files)

anyway excellent job

Using the proper aw gdi and the latest dats on the openmenu github should show them.
If not I'm concerned

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#147 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:03 am

mrneo240 wrote:
Dr Sabroson wrote:

anyway excellent job

Using the proper aw gdi and the latest dats on the openmenu github should show them.
If not I'm concerned

I downloaded the .DAT from the github link at openmenu first page, I don't know if they are the latest.

The instructions for GDMENU says the openmenu elements are already in the program except for the 3 .DAT files, but the openmenu instructions says you need to have the theme and font folders (wich are not). I don't know but the instrucctions on each program (GDMENU, OPENMENU) seems to contradict each other or at least are not detailed enough.
I think I'm missing something here

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#148 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:33 am

It looks like openmenu is a cut-down version in this test release as it doesn't include themes or extra fonts. I made a test card and it too doesn't display any description text for all titles - only "place synopsis here..". Box & icon art are displaying as expected.

Switching between gdmenu and openmenu and saving worked as expected. All the titles had serial.txt added as expected.

We need to hear from sonik on openmenu.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

sonik
Developer

Post#149 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:59 am

There's a newer version of openMenu binary? Let me know and I can update it on the app.

Edit: I've compared the included 1ST_READ.BIN with all versions of openMenu from the github releases. None matches!
No idea what's going on. I'm going to replace the included files with the latest from openMenu's repo.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#150 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:38 am

sonik wrote:There's a newer version of openMenu binary? Let me know and I can update it on the app.

Edit: I've compared the included 1ST_READ.BIN with all versions of openMenu from the github releases. None matches!
No idea what's going on. I'm going to replace the included files with the latest from openMenu's repo.

A heads up: the lastest version of openmenu https://github.com/mrneo240/openmenu/releases is booting the atomiswave titles to a black screen when using gdemu firmware 5.20.5 as reported by one user. No issue when a board with firmware 5.15 was used.

Update: False alarm - working now.

Updated TEST version with latest openMenu and DAT's (12-05-21). Use at your own risk and backup your sd card first if it's important.

https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/ ... 29.7z/file

Extract to a new folder and run the EXE.

Pro Tip: Text file LIST.INI (GDMENU) and OPENMENU.INI (OPENMENU) are copied to the app directory on save. Open to see the layout of your sd card.
Attachments
OpenMenuDatToolEditor-2022-11-29 (sonik).zip
DAT File Editor
(715.58 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Last edited by MoeFoh on Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski