Troubleshooting Dreampi

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Redfish
rebel

Troubleshooting Dreampi

Post#1 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:01 pm

So I had my Dreampi set up and it was connecting to the internet. But now it isnt connecting and Dreamkey 2.0 says that theirs "No answer at the phone number"

I know its not anything to do with my actual internet service, so its down the the DC modem and the Dreampi.

I set up using the tutorial from PCWizard, the only thing out of the ordinary was that no ip address show up in the command prompt on the pi. its totally blank. i was still able to get online at the time so i didnt think anything of it.

I've checked my router settings and the dreampi doesnt show up in the list of IPs

I've also tried to connect through an ethernet cable but that also does not work.

Both lights on the voltage inducer are one and green.

Is their anything you can think of that may be worth checking out?

also if their a good troubleshooting guide out there, I'd be interested in know about it. I've done a couple quick searches but didnt find anything in regards to this.

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Re: Troubleshooting Dreampi

Post#2 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:01 am

Not obtaining an IP address on the Pi or being able to see the Pi on your network isn't great. Do you usually connect via wifi? The Pi needs to have a network connection of some sort to provide an outbound connection. By voltage inducer do you mean the USB modem? or does your inducer actually have LEDs?

Redfish
rebel

Post#3 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:36 am

yeah, i generally connect through wifi, i moved recently and would actually prefer an ethernet connection, but i can't get that to work right now either.

yes, right, sorry for the confusion, i did mean the usb modem when i said inducer.

lozz
core

Post#4 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:28 pm

I have had that problem in the past - IP address not showing when using WiFi.

If your Pi doesn't show up on your list of devices that are connected to your router, then that would suggest it hasn't been able to connect to it.

Some people have reported that changing their password encryption setting from WPA to either WPA2 or WPA/WPA2 fixed their connection problem. I seem to remember this being the case for me. I changed this setting in my router, then re-ran the WiFi configuration process on my Pi, and that solved things.

Starting the configuration process on the Pi again from the beginning could also be worthwhile, regardless of your password encryption settings. I don't mean to sound patronising , but it is easy to miss a step or make a typo - I've certainly done both in the past!

Redfish
rebel

Post#5 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:32 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I'll give changing the encryption settings a shot.

I've tried restarting the configuration process, and even reflashing the pi, as that had solved issues for me in the past. It didn't fix the issue this time though :/

Redfish
rebel

Post#6 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:16 pm

Lozz,
Thanks alot! it was an issue relating to my security settings.

pigpenwm
shadow

Post#7 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:25 am

Yo! Would you mine sharing which security settings did the trick? I am running into the same issue. Going from WPA to WPA/WPA2 didn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks!