USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
wolfpacleader1986
shadow
Posts: 10

Re: USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Post#11 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:12 am

I myself have waited two weeks since I sent an invoice request(I know it’s been two weeks since the Kitten Academy people just came back from Vacation yesterday and I sent it a few days before that), yet I got nothing in response. It’s almost like he’s allergic to money or something. I can understand being put on a wait list or something because it’s hand made, but who takes two weeks or more to respond to an email?

User avatar
Kurasiu
fire
Posts: 76
Contact:

Re: USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Post#12 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:10 am

wolfpacleader1986 wrote:I can understand being put on a wait list or something because it’s hand made, but who takes two weeks or more to respond to an email?


Heh, two weeks, you say? A friend of mine waited three months for his reply (some apparently even as long as 6 months, sources are saying).
He finally got what he wanted, and is very happy with his USB-GDROM, by the way, so at least there's a happy end to this story.

So yeah, be patient, as you might wait for a very long time. Or try to nab a GDEMU board (like me), when the preorders will open again.

wolfpacleader1986
shadow
Posts: 10

Re: USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Post#13 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:33 am

Kurasiu wrote:
wolfpacleader1986 wrote:I can understand being put on a wait list or something because it’s hand made, but who takes two weeks or more to respond to an email?


Heh, two weeks, you say? A friend of mine waited three months for his reply (some apparently even as long as 6 months, sources are saying).
He finally got what he wanted, and is very happy with his USB-GDROM, by the way, so at least there's a happy end to this story.

So yeah, be patient, as you might wait for a very long time. Or try to nab a GDEMU board (like me), when the preorders will open again.


Some of the games I play the most are from other regions, so the GDEMU will not work for me.

User avatar
Kurasiu
fire
Posts: 76
Contact:

Re: USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Post#14 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:15 am

wolfpacleader1986 wrote:
Some of the games I play the most are from other regions, so the GDEMU will not work for me.


Huh? Why not? I have a PAL machine, and I'm enjoying some NTSC-U PSOv2 and Japanese Sonic Adventure and Rayman 2.
Maybe it wasn't in the past, but with the newest firmware and GDMenu, GDEmu is region free.

wolfpacleader1986
shadow
Posts: 10

Re: USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Post#15 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:03 am

Kurasiu wrote:
wolfpacleader1986 wrote:
Some of the games I play the most are from other regions, so the GDEMU will not work for me.


Huh? Why not? I have a PAL machine, and I'm enjoying some NTSC-U PSOv2 and Japanese Sonic Adventure and Rayman 2.
Maybe it wasn't in the past, but with the newest firmware and GDMenu, GDEmu is region free.


Must be recent as when I had one before, I sold it because it wasn't region free.

User avatar
Xiden
Rank 9
Posts: 948

Re: USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Post#16 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:27 am

wolfpacleader1986 wrote:
Kurasiu wrote:
wolfpacleader1986 wrote:
Some of the games I play the most are from other regions, so the GDEMU will not work for me.


Huh? Why not? I have a PAL machine, and I'm enjoying some NTSC-U PSOv2 and Japanese Sonic Adventure and Rayman 2.
Maybe it wasn't in the past, but with the newest firmware and GDMenu, GDEmu is region free.


Must be recent as when I had one before, I sold it because it wasn't region free.


You are correct GDEmu was region locked at one point. I think MNEMO still points it out on his site lol

User avatar
Kurasiu
fire
Posts: 76
Contact:

Re: USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Post#17 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 am

Mnemo does have several points on his website which are outdated, including region locking (not anymore), long file names (I'm using straight, long dump names, like "X and Y of Z(NTSC)(J)(1.1)(Redump).gdi", no problem with that) and large SD cards support (it's not limited to 32GB anymore). I also don't quite understand what's wrong with the design of GDEmu?

The only real problem I have with GDEmu is the SD card compatibility. This damn thing is extremely sensitive to all crappy SD cards. If you want to grab a GDEmu, don't even think about cutting corners and getting a cheaper SD card, as it will crash like crazy. I'm now using a recommended 16GB Sandisk card, and everything is fine and dandy - previously I used a cheaper EMTEC one and nope, it was crashing on various games (which are now working correctly) every once in a while. I found it kinda strange, as I was using the same brand of EMTEC cards in my 3DS for 3 years now, and encountered no problems.

wolfpacleader1986
shadow
Posts: 10

Re: USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Post#18 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:57 am

Also, I'd need the ability to swap discs on the fly as I constantly play Shenmue, Headhunter, and Code Veronica. GDEmu can't do that. It resets when I remember having them.

wolfpacleader1986
shadow
Posts: 10

Re: USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Post#19 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:12 pm

Just got the invoice today and paid it. So, three weeks is right on the nose

UglyGoblinBoy
rebel
Posts: 24

Re: USB-GDROM, how to buy?

Post#20 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:45 am

Ok, so I just got my USB GDROM and installed it. So far so good, but I'm having trouble loading IVES PSO from it. When I load the CDI it just cuts to a black screen and then freezes.

Any help?

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users