[USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#281 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:19 pm

filevans wrote:that didn't answer my question did it? did you test the game in CDI that I mentioned to see if it works on yours?
USB GDROM supports CDI not just GDI, and all my other CDIs work, also plurals like GDIs have no apostrophe in

CDI's CDI's CDI's CDI's CDI's CDI's
GDI's GDI's GDI's GDI's GDI's GDI's GDI's GDI's

Stop using CDI's when GDI's are an option....
No I will not test anything for you, I hope that helps answer your question better :lol:

filevans
lithium

Post#282 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:58 pm

GDIs
CDIs

go back to school

psyfer9983
shadow

Post#283 » Sat May 22, 2021 12:56 pm

Hello all.

I'm in the process of installing the HDMI mod. In the install guide for the HDMI mod (http://dansprojects.com/dchdmi_install.html) under step 4, there is a solder pad named OPT that is supposed to connect to the USB-GDROM? I have look all over the net on where to connect the OPT to the USB-GDROM but haven't found anything. Does someone know where it gets connected to on the USB-GDROM?

My PCB for the USB-GDROM is white without any markings on it for solder/components. I'm going to take a guess that the lid switch needs to be removed and OPT connected to it?

I'm at a stopping point for now, I'm waiting on a new flash chip for the dual BIOS mod, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Xiden
Developer

Post#284 » Sat May 22, 2021 10:32 pm

psyfer9983 wrote:Hello all.

I'm in the process of installing the HDMI mod. In the install guide for the HDMI mod (http://dansprojects.com/dchdmi_install.html) under step 4, there is a solder pad named OPT that is supposed to connect to the USB-GDROM? I have look all over the net on where to connect the OPT to the USB-GDROM but haven't found anything. Does someone know where it gets connected to on the USB-GDROM?

My PCB for the USB-GDROM is white without any markings on it for solder/components. I'm going to take a guess that the lid switch needs to be removed and OPT connected to it?

I'm at a stopping point for now, I'm waiting on a new flash chip for the dual BIOS mod, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit corrected by megavolt
Last edited by Xiden on Mon May 24, 2021 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#285 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:20 am

psyfer9983 wrote:Does someone know where it gets connected to on the USB-GDROM?

look step 9

psyfer9983
shadow

Post#286 » Sun May 23, 2021 11:43 am

megavolt85 wrote:
psyfer9983 wrote:Does someone know where it gets connected to on the USB-GDROM?

look step 9

Wow, that didn't show up on my desktop while viewing the page. Ok, so that answers that question. Now just waiting on the new flash chip to come in so I finish up this project. Thanks.

psyfer9983
shadow

Post#287 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:18 pm

Ok, I still have a little trouble. The picture in the step is from a different revision PCB. I have the one that is all white and has the clock horizontal instead of vertical with a couple extra resistors/capacitors on the board. I have a pic of the PCB that I have where I think it should be. Someone care to confirm?

PXL_20210605_021153226~2.jpg

megavolt85
Developer

Post#288 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:28 am

yep, pin 5,6 - resonator
pin 7 - reset

Снимок экрана_2021-06-05_09-26-50.png

psyfer9983
shadow

Post#289 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:28 pm

Ok, still having issues. Triple checked all my work before even testing this. Whenever that reset wire is connected to the USB GDROM, the console will not boot. It just stays on the Dreamcast logo. Whenever I disconnected it it will boot up and work normally. Is there something else I'm missing?

psyfer9983
shadow

Post#290 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:50 pm

Disregard. I found the issue. The settings didn't stay on the HDMI firmware. I ran through the settings again and all good now.