[USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

trekts
dark night

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#291 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:54 pm

Hi all, I've had my USB-GDROM since late last year and I've been loving it so far. Recently, I've been going through all my images on my usb drive, and noticed that Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX will not boot at all no matter what I do. Is anyone else having this issue with this specific title? Are there other means for getting this game to work? I've tried the .cdi of this title, and unfortunately all the background music has been ripped from that image which totally ruins the experience.

Xiden
Developer

Post#292 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:50 am

trekts wrote:Hi all, I've had my USB-GDROM since late last year and I've been loving it so far. Recently, I've been going through all my images on my usb drive, and noticed that Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX will not boot at all no matter what I do. Is anyone else having this issue with this specific title? Are there other means for getting this game to work? I've tried the .cdi of this title, and unfortunately all the background music has been ripped from that image which totally ruins the experience.

Have you tried the GDI version of the file?

Go here, and view the TOSEC USA collection and try the game again.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10412

trekts
dark night

Post#293 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:13 pm

Xiden wrote:
trekts wrote:Hi all, I've had my USB-GDROM since late last year and I've been loving it so far. Recently, I've been going through all my images on my usb drive, and noticed that Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX will not boot at all no matter what I do. Is anyone else having this issue with this specific title? Are there other means for getting this game to work? I've tried the .cdi of this title, and unfortunately all the background music has been ripped from that image which totally ruins the experience.

I've tried a couple of .gdi files and they all yield the same result. However, I found a .cdi version of the game which fixes the background music, though it still locks up completely after a session or two. I have no clue how to get this to run properly. Thanks again for your response.

Xiden
Developer

Post#294 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:26 pm

trekts wrote:
Xiden wrote:

I've tried a couple of .gdi files and they all yield the same result. However, I found a .cdi version of the game which fixes the background music, though it still locks up completely after a session or two. I have no clue how to get this to run properly. Thanks again for your response.

Try turning the Region free mode setting off and try the rom again with the GDI and see if that help. If not let me know and I'll try downloading it and trying on mine.

trekts
dark night

Post#295 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:55 pm

Xiden wrote:
trekts wrote:
Xiden wrote:

https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 22&t=10412

Try turning the Region free mode setting off and try the rom again with the GDI and see if that help. If not let me know and I'll try downloading it and trying on mine.

thanks for your reply. I've turned the region mode setting off and still nothing. I also tried loading it with codebreaker to see if that would do anything. same results. maybe the usb-gdrom just doesn't like this game in particular? but let me know your results whenever you have the time. thanks again.

Strider
noob

Post#296 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi there, I've just bought a second hand USB GD-ROM and it was working great. I then decided to add a 128BG card and it's now asking for a delivery address. I've used the code supplied but nothing it working. I'm not too sure what to do now.

Xiden
Developer

Post#297 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:43 pm

Strider wrote:Hi there, I've just bought a second hand USB GD-ROM and it was working great. I then decided to add a 128BG card and it's now asking for a delivery address. I've used the code supplied but nothing it working. I'm not too sure what to do now.

Sounds like something new mnemo implemented. I'm unfamiliar with this.. Please send him an email at [email protected]

If you can let us know the solution he provides. Thanks!

streeker
fragger

Post#298 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:33 pm

trekts wrote:
Xiden wrote:
trekts wrote:

thanks for your reply. I've turned the region mode setting off and still nothing. I also tried loading it with codebreaker to see if that would do anything. same results. maybe the usb-gdrom just doesn't like this game in particular? but let me know your results whenever you have the time. thanks again.

Same over here :(
Tried PAL-GDI (TOSEC), PAL-GDI (Redump) and US-GDI (TOSEC). So it seems this particular game - or GDI to be more specific - is simply not compatible with USB-GDROM, right?

syntax_x
noob

Post#299 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:56 am

Dave Mirra works fine USB-GDrom, the titles that have issues with the auto region patching are
4 Wheel Thunder
Championship Surfer
Urban Chaos

streeker
fragger

Post#300 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:04 pm

syntax_x wrote:Dave Mirra works fine USB-GDrom, the titles that have issues with the auto region patching are
4 Wheel Thunder
Championship Surfer
Urban Chaos

I can't confirm having problems with the latter three. At least when using PAL isos on a PAL console, they all run just fine. I will investigate the "Dave Mirra" issue a little further. Maybe these issues are all connected to the type of console (PAL or NTSC) that is being used?