No Signal

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

HMPG
noob

No Signal

Post#1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:02 am

Hello. I have had my Dreamcast for about 5 months and I've only played it twice due to my limit of games. The first and second times I have turned them on it worked completely fine. I have not played it or turned it on since then. I recently got a new tv and I tried plugging it in and I was getting no signal. To make sure it wasn't the tv I plugged in my GameCube and it worked like normal. Any fixes or help?

Bring
dark night

Re: No Signal

Post#2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi

What Sort of AV Cable is it?

Does it have the same connection (at the TV end) as your GC Cable?

HMPG
noob

Post#3 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:24 pm

They're composite yellow, white, and red cables.

Bring
dark night

Post#4 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:57 pm

i would check the AV leads connection at the dreamcast for bent pins and crud.

Do you get Sound?

HMPG
noob

Post#5 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:01 am

Bring wrote:i would check the AV leads connection at the dreamcast for bent pins and crud.

Do you get Sound?

No I don't get sound

arb206
noob

Post#6 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:49 pm

I know it’s old did u fix it? That happend to me no video no sound, I opened it dusted it out and it’s been working fine ever since maybe that will help you !

Xiden
Developer

Post#7 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 pm

HMPG wrote:Hello. I have had my Dreamcast for about 5 months and I've only played it twice due to my limit of games. The first and second times I have turned them on it worked completely fine. I have not played it or turned it on since then. I recently got a new tv and I tried plugging it in and I was getting no signal. To make sure it wasn't the tv I plugged in my GameCube and it worked like normal. Any fixes or help?

Could be a power supply problem. Open the DC, 4 screws on bottom. (Power unit on without being plugged in). Then remove two power supply screws. Unseat the power supply, clean power supply pins with 99% Iso Alc and then use pliers to bend the pens gently towards the back or northend of the console. Reseat power supply and case and hook it up again and see if that fixes it.