Burning a CD-R of a DC game

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

Burning a CD-R of a DC game

Post#1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:07 pm

I know I'm likely being a dunce, and I know I've seen the answer on here somewhere, but after a twenty minute search still came up nothing.
I want to burn a copy of the PSO v2 Ives pack. I own a legit PSO v1 and PSO v2 now, but my v1 doesn't have a serial number, I can't port my save without it so I'm resigned to starting from scratch save-wise. However I need to burn the disc.

I've read people talking about Alcohol 120% and another method. I don't know which is best, or easiest, and was hoping for some advice. I can also join you guys with PBA Tour Bowling if I can get this working. :)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Burning a CD-R of a DC game

Post#2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Grab ImgBurn from the downloads section of Dreamcast Live. The zip file contains instructions.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#3 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Do you have the ives pso pack? Pso palace has it as a torrent and I can seed it if needed.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#4 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Ives' PSO Ver 2 is now not liking my Japanese Ver 2 serial number. Is there a way around this problem? It's kicking my arse -_-

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#5 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:40 pm

I used IVES_PSOV2_US_R2_EP
Do I have to use IVES_PSOV2_US_R2 instead maybe?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#6 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:50 pm

Found a serial key online, seems to be booting into the interwebz now, I'll let you know if it connects.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#7 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:52 pm

SUCCESS!!!

I'm on Iselia 01-01 if anyone is around :)
I'm a smelly Level 1 tho XD

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#8 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:09 pm

oh if youre just starting out you will want to use the non EP version. also serial keys online come with their own set of problems. hopefully the ones you found and used aren't being currently used by anyone else
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#9 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:24 pm

I got online and played no problem. Seems to have worked a charm :)

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#10 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:35 am

Burned PBA Tour Bowling and it's not working. Just wanted to know if you guys thought it's just a one-off burning issue or if it'll be a repeat problem. I burnt Ives' PSO ver2, Propeller Arena and Monaco GP Online (As I already own the non-online version) and they all work perfectly, online and off.

With PBA Tour Bowling, it loads the intro videos, loads the title screen and also plays some demo footage, but when you press Start to enter the game it kicks me back to the Dreamcast BIOS menu.

What do you think? A simple new burn should fix it? Or could I have a dodgy cdi? I got it from isozone, but there was two options;

ONE I USED
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... 2001-dccm/

OTHER ONE
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... ling-2001/