PSO v2 question OFFLINE MODE

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pipporamone
undertow

PSO v2 question OFFLINE MODE

Post#1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:30 am

Hi there!

Sorry for the stupid question but i want to know if it is normal that despite saving i must kill all the time the enemies starting back from Forest 1

You can save progresses in levels (not only level up)?

Thanks in advance

alexh86
lithium

Re: PSO v2 question OFFLINE MODE

Post#2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:51 am

This confused me at first too. You must completely clear an area (Forest 1, Forest 2, and boss) in single player and then talk to the Principal on the ship to advance the story before it will save your world progress. From then on you can start single and multiplayer matches from Caves 1 if you wish.

Any areas that you clear online do not save for your game. So even if you and I clear the forest together online, if you start another game later (single or multi), you will start with Forest 1 as your only option. In my game, I've cleared the forest on my own but even though I've played through Caves twice with other players, I cannot start my own games from the Mines as I have not cleared the caves alone offline.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#3 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Best way to get through Caves is to play online until about Level 18 (more exp online) then demolish the forest and caves in one go. I've managed to clear Mines after only a couple of quests before straight away, but Level 25 to 30 is preferable. Talk to the Principal, then go back to all the levels and Press A on all of the pillars (the game won't allow this on first run through), then defeat the Mines boss again and voila. Talk to Principal and you have all levels unlocked.

I had a question, is Episode 2 included with version 2? The Xbox and GC versions had four extra levels in a seperate story mode, are these not in DCs version 2?

pipporamone
undertow

Post#4 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:43 pm

Thanks guys !!!!!

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#5 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:37 am

Roareye wrote:is Episode 2 included with version 2? The Xbox and GC versions had four extra levels in a seperate story mode, are these not in DCs version 2?

Ver.2 has Ultimate, Battle, and Challenge modes, as well as a higher level cap and new items. Episode II was introduced in the GameCube version (Ver.3).
"Fear the HUnewearl."