Some help with my DC!

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

modruga
noob

Some help with my DC!

Post#1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Hey all! How you guys doing today?

So, this is my first post on this forum, and i'd really be grateful if someone showed me some love and give me some tips on how to fix my DC issue.

TL:DR: Out of my game collection, ONLY RAYMAN 2 is working. Even when I've burnt my entire library, only the burnt Rayman 2 could be read.

I've seen on the internet that the DC has some reading/laser issues, but it's pretty strange when only one game works on the console. My friend calibrated it back in 2016, but I didn't have the chance to test it properly since my AV TV broke and i was only able to get a new one yesterday (fun fact: found it in the trash, lol)

Anyway, thank you in advance. I just want to know if I'm looking for the wrong CDi's or if my laser's busted again.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Some help with my DC!

Post#2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:25 am

Tough to answer.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

XVO
undertow

Post#3 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:07 pm

It's not that strange, I had the same problem on the ps2 years ago. So I calibrated the lens to work with a difficult to read gamevso most of my other games should work, on the ps2 I used MK Deception.
I think if you calibrate the lens to work with Soldier of Fortune on the DC then you're fine.
Quick question though, does the echelon boot disc work? Otherwise I would advice you to buy a different lens (on AliExpress?).

Dreamcazman
fire

Post#4 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:09 pm

It does sound like a laser issue, they can be a bit fickled.

You can try & adjust the pot to give the laser more power, but that's generally only a short term fix. I suggest grabbing one of the GDEMU boards & stick your games on SD card instead.

Return to “Support”