Resident evil 2

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

silencer2
noob

Resident evil 2

Post#1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:28 am

I downloaded resident evil 2 from some rom site, and burned it to play. It didn't work in the dreamcast.

I searched the internet and downloaded another copy which was the same as the first. Revivedc. or RDC. It still didn't work.

My copy of shenmue works just fine in my dreamcast, yet the dreamcast will not read the resident evil 2 cd. It is not the system.

I have wasted 4 memory cd-r's and a verbatim cd-r. I would love to find an original image.

My burning speeds were 1x, 3x, and 16x. 1x and 3x were in imgburn. 16x was the lowest in Alcohol 120.

I am wondering if I should use discjuggler since these are cdi-i images.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Sega RPG

Re: Resident evil 2

Post#2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:35 am

i generally use discjuggler and with these settings i haven't wasted a single burn

slower speed possible, mode 2, 3rd post gap enabled and raw enabled, you can try with these settings...

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:08 am

The mini games are flawed in RE2 Downloads , The Extreme Battle Mode Freezes.

silencer2
noob

Post#4 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:57 am

Thanks for the help.

Lowest was 16x in Discjuggler. Sometimes it would play and it wouldn't. Better than nothing. The laser probably needs to be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.

jlegend6
shadow

Post#5 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:43 am

This is a good one also