GDEMU 3d printed cover with integrated SD Reader and pcb support

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

troopa jr
noob

GDEMU 3d printed cover with integrated SD Reader and pcb support

Post#1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi

As my first post, I just want to share with you all a 3d design I published the last month. It is a cover designed to be used with gdemu that incorporates a SD Card reader and fits the gdrom unit place. It makes easier to access the card and the disc change button:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

The model also has a pcb support that makes the gdemu to be more solid placed, and allows the air to flow correctly:

If someone has a 3d printer and wants to make one for himself or a friend, thingiverse's model can be found on my blog, here:
https://eltallerdejavi.wordpress.com/2018/12/15/carcasa-impresa-para-gdemu-de-dreamcast-con-lector-sd-integrado/
There can also be found more photos and a video.

I wish you like it :)

Sega1Dream
Donated

Re: GDEMU 3d printed cover with integrated SD Reader and pcb support

Post#2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:05 pm

That looks really good. I like how refined and detailed these GDEMU covers have been.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:33 pm

I saw this a few weeks ago. Let me just say, that this is one of the better made ones! It looks to make airflow even MORE amazing than it was before on the other 3D printed inserts. One question though, is there a way to make a file without the Dreamcast swirl on it? I really like this design, but the ones with the swirl make it not look like something that would come from the factory to me. I just want something that is more utilitarian looking and like it was made for the system. So getting this done in white and maybe having somebody make a mold of it in latex without the 3D printed bumps on it would be pretty awesome.

troopa jr
noob

Post#4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:50 am

hi guys, glad to see you have liked it.
@Anthony817, give me a few days, and will add the file without the swirl to the thingiverse design.

troopa jr
noob

Post#5 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:39 pm

done:

:D

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Awesome! Thanks so much!