Dream Passport/key question

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TigerMacZ
undertow

Dream Passport/key question

Post#1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi

I was getting round to actually getting a dreampi and modem,phone line inducer etc but I just had a question.

I have a load of import American and Japanese games I play on my modded EU Dreamcast could i use one browser disc like planet web 2.0/dream key 3.0 or do I need a Japanese dream passport disc aswell?

I already had a dream key 3.0 disc and not long got a planet web 2.0 one to fix the vanishing point loading bug, but it never really crossed my mind about the Japanese games.

Cause I would love to get back onto pso ver 2 (Japanese though) and many others.

Sorry if it sounds like a dumb newbie question.

Tiger

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Dream Passport/key question

Post#2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:34 pm

You should be able to use just DreamKey 3.0 but some games are picky about what you use to configure the DC (especially the Japanese version of PSO). You'll just have to try and see what happens. :-)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

TigerMacZ
undertow

Post#3 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:53 pm

Yeah, like I said I have both, another reason why i got planet web 2.0 apart from being dirt cheap i got it for sega swirl.

But if I need to get the dream passport I can (just not sure which version LOL)

But it would be nice taking the dreamcast back online and having fun with it.

Another question you know the dreamcast-live USB modem were they ever tested with EU dreamcasts without the separate line inducer?

Because I might try to do the dream pi stuff myself but get the hardware here lol

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:01 pm

TigerMacZ wrote:Another question you know the dreamcast-live USB modem were they ever tested with EU dreamcasts without the separate line inducer?

Yeah they don't work with PAL Dreamcast modems. You can swap the Dreamcast modem out for a US or JP one though if you wanted.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

TigerMacZ
undertow

Post#5 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:46 pm

I could get a Japanese one but is there any info on hkt-7100?