Dreamcast GD-ROM help

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

duskstrike
noob

Dreamcast GD-ROM help

Post#1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:31 am

Hello lads. So i got a dreamcast months ago, and it's been quite the journey. I'll give the short of it.

It's one of the older models, so it can run backups or homebrew discs. But it wasn't working very well, so I attempted to adjust the capacitor for the lazer a second time. When I did this my hand slipped, and i twisted it. Heartbroken. I eventually ordered a new gd-rom

So i popped it in there no problem. It would run my only two official discs. Tokyo Extreme Racing, and the generator demo disc. Rad. But that means the other discs will not work. So I did something I didn't want to do. I disconnected it from the board and attached it to the board for the old gd-rom

When I tried this however, I had the exact SAME ISSUE. I am stunned and confused. I'm not the smartest on hardware, but i'm proud I've done all this without breaking anything. But I still want to run burned games...what have I done wrong? Can I fix this any way?