GDEMU Issues?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

r34per
Anarki

GDEMU Issues?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:57 pm

I bought a chinese GDEMU clone about a year ago now, and has served me well so far, at least until a few days ago. Lately when I'm playing games sometimes i will just be kicked back to the dreamcast main menu, and when I try getting to gdmenu it says there's no disk. Rebooting my Dc usually fixes that. It's really intermittent too- I've had it happen within a few minutes but other times I'll play for a few hours and nothing.

Another thing that sometimes happens is that a game will just hang when it tries loading something needed for the game, such as when getting into an encounter with enemies in grandia II it will hang at a black screen forever, or in phantasy star online when I try talking to an NPC for a mission it will also hang at a black screen but the music will still be playing. The sd card is a 64gb samsung EVO that is brand new and I found no file system errors.

Does this seem like an issue with the GDEmu or something else?
wait and bleed

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: GDEMU Issues?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Try a SDHC card and see if it still happens? Maybe it doesn't like your SDXC card. Make sure you format to FAT32, as well.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Umbrella$$Dreamcast
undertow

Re: GDEMU Issues?

Post#3 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:45 pm

how to record games for gdemu?