Multi Game

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
AkuShadow
rebel

Multi Game

Post#1 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:09 pm

So, I havent gotten anything done with burning and my discs still dont work. I did notice some games that are smaller than usual(or modded) tend to work. My only other solution I can think of is burning a disc with multiple games. Doing this will also save discs. So, does anyone know how to burn a multi disk image or know of a tutorial I can follow?

mistamontiel
Uber

Re: Multi Game

Post#2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:47 pm

I think there are just two Dreamcast title compilations? ala Lan-Di and boy they're missing far too much

I saw uhm ReviveDC's something Millenium Edition sorry never was big into 2D fighters lol maybe Capcom VS SNK and it's a hoot

https://mega.nz/#!a4FnXIqK!Vg7GGD1jE3q6 ... -P4ZrdIEEk

Code: Select all

************************************************************************************************************************
                                          Capcom.vs.SNK.Millennium.Collection-RDC
========================================================================================================================

General Information
************************************************************************************************************************
Number of Players....: 1-2
VMU Compatible.......: Yes
Jump Pack Compatible.: Yes
VGA Compatible.......: Yes
Image Size...........: 773mb
Compression Format...: 7z LZMA2
Image Format.........: CDI
Image Made on........: Win7 x64
Image Created with...: Disc Juggler 6
Selfboot Format......: Data/Data
Sort Order...........: Custom
Cracked by...........: comradesnarky
Ripped by............: comradesnarky
Artwork by...........: comradesnarky
Genre................: Fighting
Developer............: Capcom
Image Length.........: 79:38:29 Minutes
CDR Size.............: 700mb
Burn Tested..........: Yes
Program..............: Disc Juggler 6
Speed................: 16x

========================================================================================================================

Release Notes
Alright, here it is: Capcom vs. SNK Millennium Collection. This disc includes Capcom vs. SNK (NTSC-U), Capcom vs. SNK
Pro (NTSC-J), Capcom vs. SNK 2 (NTSC-J) and an English translation of the Capcom Taisen Fan Disc (NTSC-J). All of the
games were sourced from GDIs to ensure there are no corrupt files. The translated version of the Taisen Fan Disc is
based on Senile's translation. However, it was pretty rough around the edges so I went ahead and re-did the majority
of the translation. Previously, it was sort of Google translate-ish, but it's a lot more presentable and professional
now. There are some spacing issues, but it's very usable.

This compilation is once again based around the XDP web browser (with no participation from the developers). So, with
that in mind, if you want to return to the main menu from any of the games, you'll need to pull off the
Start+A+B+X+Y+L+R reset. And in case you've forgotten, holding down X and pressing left on the D-Pad acts as a back
button for when you're looking at the move lists and how to play guides.

Since Capcom vs. SNK is the NTSC-U version, there's a save file included in the menu of that game which will let you
unlock all of the characters. The Pro version doesn't really need a save file because everything is unlocked right away.
Capcom vs. SNK 2 also has a save file in the menu for the game that will unlock everything. It's recommended that you
go into the options menu and return the settings to default if you plan on using the save files.

The art galleries for the games are located in the Capcom Taisen Fan disc which also includes replays for Capcom vs.
SNK 2. The Taisen disc also includes save files for most of Capcom's games, but these are for the Japanese versions
only. The save files won't work with the NTSC-U or PAL versions of the games.

The move lists may be difficult to read for players using CRT televisions. If you are having a difficult time viewing
the move lists, they are identical to the move lists found here: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Capcom_vs._SNK
The how to play guides are also taken from this site.

The disc was painstakingly sorted to provide the best play experience possible on a compilation disc. Also, this package
includes disc artwork from a template provided by irvgotti452, so have fun with that, people who have been requesting
one. Well, I think that's about everything there is to say about this one. Happy gaming, enjoy ReviveDC's 100th release.

Thanks goes out to...
-TOSEC-yzb-Override-Maddog-FamilyGuy-DarkFalz-MegaLex-JeffMA-ToodlesDC-Lin88-MILF-DCHQ-Echelon-iNUB-Dreamatrix-Chui-NRG-
                                       Without your help this scene wouldn't be here

AkuShadow
rebel

Post#3 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:47 pm

mistamontiel wrote:I think there are just two Dreamcast title compilations? ala Lan-Di and boy they're missing far too much

I saw uhm ReviveDC's something Millenium Edition sorry never was big into 2D fighters lol maybe Capcom VS SNK and it's a hoot

General Information

Release Notes
Alright, here it is: Capcom vs. SNK Millennium Collection. This disc includes Capcom vs. SNK (NTSC-U), Capcom vs. SNK
Pro (NTSC-J), Capcom vs. SNK 2 (NTSC-J) and an English translation of the Capcom Taisen Fan Disc (NTSC-J). All of the
games were sourced from GDIs to ensure there are no corrupt files. The translated version of the Taisen Fan Disc is
based on Senile's translation. However, it was pretty rough around the edges so I went ahead and re-did the majority
of the translation. Previously, it was sort of Google translate-ish, but it's a lot more presentable and professional

This compilation is once again based around the XDP web browser (with no participation from the developers). So, with
that in mind, if you want to return to the main menu from any of the games, you'll need to pull off the
Start+A+B+X+Y+L+R reset. And in case you've forgotten, holding down X and pressing left on the D-Pad acts as a back

Since Capcom vs. SNK is the NTSC-U version, there's a save file included in the menu of that game which will let you
unlock all of the characters. The Pro version doesn't really need a save file because everything is unlocked right away.
Capcom vs. SNK 2 also has a save file in the menu for the game that will unlock everything. It's recommended that you
go into the options menu and return the settings to default if you plan on using the save files.

The art galleries for the games are located in the Capcom Taisen Fan disc which also includes replays for Capcom vs.
SNK 2. The Taisen disc also includes save files for most of Capcom's games, but these are for the Japanese versions

The move lists may be difficult to read for players using CRT televisions. If you are having a difficult time viewing
the move lists, they are identical to the move lists found here: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Capcom_vs._SNK

The disc was painstakingly sorted to provide the best play experience possible on a compilation disc. Also, this package
includes disc artwork from a template provided by irvgotti452, so have fun with that, people who have been requesting
one. Well, I think that's about everything there is to say about this one. Happy gaming, enjoy ReviveDC's 100th release.

Thanks goes out to...
-TOSEC-yzb-Override-Maddog-FamilyGuy-DarkFalz-MegaLex-JeffMA-ToodlesDC-Lin88-MILF-DCHQ-Echelon-iNUB-Dreamatrix-Chui-NRG-

Thanks but this isnt what I meant. I mean to make my own cdi file with more than one game like a collection of capcom or snk games.

Ian Micheal
Wazza

Post#4 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:53 pm

AkuShadow wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:I think there are just two Dreamcast title compilations? ala Lan-Di and boy they're missing far too much

General Information

Release Notes

Thanks goes out to...

Thanks but this isnt what I meant. I mean to make my own cdi file with more than one game like a collection of capcom or snk games.

It's not an easy thing to do why do you think there's only a few of them were by JeffMA need to hack each game you need to hack the webrowser or dreamon menu for each game etc etc
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

https://discord.gg/ZHb4rCq discord for my projects :)

https://twitter.com/IanMicheal10 Reach me on twitter:)

Source code to my projects
https://github.com/ianmicheal :)

deluxux
Heroine Console

Post#5 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:54 pm

Maybe you need a new burner? or a new dreamcast lazer! Or live one step ahead and get a GDEmu :)

SMiTH
Vagabond

Post#6 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:32 am

deluxux wrote:Maybe you need a new burner? or a new dreamcast lazer! Or live one step ahead and get a GDEmu :)

every dreamcast talk member deserves a gdemu..

Ian Micheal wrote:It's not an easy thing to do why do you think there's only a few of them were by JeffMA need to hack each game you need to hack the webrowser or dreamon menu for each game etc etc

It is not that difficult to do.
If I can do it, any1 can.

Here is the last multi disk I made:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12379

I am currently working on another one, hopefully this one will be interesting?
I'm not using a fancy menu like Dreamon, or ODCM, or PW, or DreamPassport
But I can use them..

Ian Micheal
Wazza

Post#7 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:10 am

SMiTH wrote:
deluxux wrote:Maybe you need a new burner? or a new dreamcast lazer! Or live one step ahead and get a GDEmu :)

every dreamcast talk member deserves a gdemu..

Ian Micheal wrote:It's not an easy thing to do why do you think there's only a few of them were by JeffMA need to hack each game you need to hack the webrowser or dreamon menu for each game etc etc

It is not that difficult to do.
If I can do it, any1 can.

Here is the last multi disk I made:
https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewto ... 22&t=12379

I am currently working on another one, hopefully this one will be interesting?
I'm not using a fancy menu like Dreamon, or ODCM, or PW, or DreamPassport
But I can use them..

Your the great SMitH thou hehe iam talking about some one new to dreamcast back in the day it was a bit hard lol
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

SMiTH
Vagabond

Post#8 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:26 am

c'mon ian i am a noob, all i can do is hex edit ffs.
my point is that any1 can make multi disks.
but, i do understand you are saying back in the day it was new and difficult to create multi disks etc.

the real skills and talents are with ppl like you that can code and create.
and then the crazy talented folks that can code and reverse engineer.
i.e rand, megavolt, mr neo, bluecrab, mag94, yzb, familyguy, patriot, belokk, etc...

and happy new year ian!
:)

Ian Micheal
Wazza

Post#9 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:58 am

Happy new year SMiTH thanks for all the good times :)

deluxux
Heroine Console

Post#10 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:29 am

I wish the best to all in the new year and new gdemu projects!