VA0 Fan mod

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
CrashMidnick
dark night

VA0 Fan mod

Post#1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:51 am

Hi there,

Is there any way to replace the original VA0 fan (the one with heat pipes attached to it) with another one (new) ? I know that the noctua fan mod is not compatible but I do not know if someone has done something else. Please note that I do not want to put a VA1 motherboard inside, I love the original design of Japanese DC :)

Thanks.

Anonymouse
Cracked LCD

Re: VA0 Fan mod

Post#2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:52 pm

I have only seen this version once in the flesh and think its really cool. I personally would keep that stock.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

CrashMidnick
dark night

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:23 am

Yes I would like to keep it stock (and I will because I will never throw the orginal fan away), but it is noisy unfortunately. I will try to put some oil in the axis.

mr.kaeru
undertow

Post#4 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:17 am

CrashMidnick wrote:Yes I would like to keep it stock (and I will because I will never throw the orginal fan away), but it is noisy unfortunately. I will try to put some oil in the axis.

Hello CrashMidnick, I am too the owner of a Japanese V0 model. I recently learned about the noctua fan and that I wouldn't be able to set it on my V0. Did put some oil in the fan worked for you?

CrashMidnick
dark night

Post#5 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:31 pm

mr.kaeru wrote:
CrashMidnick wrote:Yes I would like to keep it stock (and I will because I will never throw the orginal fan away), but it is noisy unfortunately. I will try to put some oil in the axis.

Hello CrashMidnick, I am too the owner of a Japanese V0 model. I recently learned about the noctua fan and that I wouldn't be able to set it on my V0. Did put some oil in the fan worked for you?

Yes it worked but still a bit noisy IMO, I wanted to buy this one but due to pandemic situation I did not :

https://boutique-dragoncity.myshopify.c ... 7287642261

The seller sent me a picture by email, it fits perfect in VA0. I will buy it next month.

Alex_DC
rebel

Post#6 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:53 pm

A neat little kit there, I assume the fan just bolts to the heat sink in a VA0? Can you post the picture the seller sent you?

mr.kaeru
undertow

Post#7 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:15 am

Really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Support”