Code breaker burning issues (solved)

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mr.kaeru
lithium

Code breaker burning issues (solved)

Post#1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:30 am

Hi all, I am new here so first of, really nice to meet you all. :)

I'm trying to burn a Code Breaker disc in order to force launch some game into VGA mode.

However, after several attempts my Dreamcast refuses to read the burned disc so I guess I might be doing something wrong.

I tried burning the image both with imgBurn and DiscJuggler with 2 different burner drives. However the discs I am using are the same. Could the problem come from the CD-R?

Also, I noticed that with both burner drives, I can not get the burning speed lower than 10x. I did read in various places that burning speed should be as slow as possible so I'd like to confirm if this could be the source of the issue?

It is worth mentioning that I burned the Code Breaker loader under similar conditions (same burner, imgBurn, 10x) and this one is being read by the Dreamcast.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Last edited by mr.kaeru on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Code breaker burning issues

Post#2 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:01 am

Your codebreaker is a cdi image ?
Verbatim is a good type of CD, but be sure there are CD-R and not CD+R.

with imgburn at low speed as you (10x) I never had problem.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#3 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:02 am

You could try burning BlueCrab's PSO boot disc, instead. It will boot any non-WinCE game and enable VGA mode, too.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

mr.kaeru
lithium

Post#4 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:55 am

Hi, thanks for your replies.

Yes, code breaker is a cdi image. I'll admit I bought the cheapest CD-R I could find and I can confirm these are CD-R, not +R or RW etc.

I'll try finding a bluecrab's PSO boot as suggested.

I'll keep you post! Let me know if you have any other suggestion. :)

mr.kaeru
lithium

Post#5 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:58 pm

Quick update.

I managed to get the PSO boot disc to run on my DC while burned through the same set up that didn't give me a run-able Code Breaker disc. Maybe the cdi I found for Code Breaker wasn't working?

For anyone interested I got the PSO boot disc CDI from this page: http://dcevolution.sourceforge.net/inde ... so_patcher

However, the reason why I wanted the boot disc did not solve my initial issue. I opened a separate thread as it is a separate matter. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13050

Thanks again!