Cannot connect Pi4 to internet

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

nessonic
shadow

Cannot connect Pi4 to internet

Post#1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:52 pm

Per this previous topic (viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13007) I was able to get the Pi4 image to boot with video. Using the same recommended Dell adapter (appeared to be sealed upon arrival, not used). 2x green lights, but cannot get my Dreamcast online.

Some notes:
* Using XDP browser, following a guide on youtube stating to using custom planetweb 2.6x. I've triple-checked all my ISP settings and tried dial numbers: 1, 555, 2

* The network I am on uses a 10. IP schema, does this causes issues with the DreamPi considering it may assume I have 192.168.X.X?

* This is occurring on 2x Dreamcasts, 2x modems

* Within the DreamPi, I found the /dreampi folder as well as the dreampi python script. Upon trying to run it, I get this: "error while getting interface flags: no such device." I do indeed have network connectivity on this device, however all our standard network restrictions are in-place - Are there any specific ports that need to be opened perhaps?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Cannot connect Pi4 to internet

Post#2 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Have you modified the USB modem with a Line Voltage Inducer?

nessonic
shadow

Post#3 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:46 pm

I did not, I was under impression that the Dell one recommended did not need it - but in looking at Kazade's guide that does not seem to be the case.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:48 pm

Yeah it doesn't matter what modem you have, you always need a line voltage inducer.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live