GDEmu confusion!

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DreamState
blackout!

GDEmu confusion!

Post#1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:19 pm

Anyone here that has updated there GDEmu to the newest firmware? I have a unit from 2016-11-01 and im unsure if i need to flash the special bootloader file first before going ahead with the firmware upgrade? Ive tried talking with Deunan (the creator), but his advice and website instruction are sketchy!

Alex_DC
dark night

Re: GDEmu confusion!

Post#2 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:36 am

Yes, I have just done this process myself. Only the GDEmu units sold this year don’t need the bootloader applied first, so yours will need it. Just follow the instructions to the word and you’ll be fine. You do need to follow them EXACTLY. If anything isn’t clear to you just post again here.

Le Duc
rebel

Re: GDEmu confusion!

Post#3 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:04 am

Fuck I did some bullshit ....

I have a GDEMU version 5.4 from 2014 and had never updated it. This evening I installed the latest Firmware and PATATRAC, it should not be done in the traditional way on these old versions of GDemu.

Result: the console remains on the white “dreamcast” screen and after several minutes, the menu appears, but stuck on the message “wait while checking the disc”. : |

I just spent hours trying to figure out how to get out of this stalemate on the official site with big blows from google Trad, and here's what I got:

It would have been necessary to flash with a specific bootloader before the classic procedure, while taking care to observe a particular manipulation (once flashed, turn off, turn on again without an SD card, wait, put the card back) for everything to go well.

I did not find this famous bootloader, and quite simply, I do not understand anything any more of what I read. I need help please resuscitating my GDEMU.

On your fine heart....

Thank you

Update : PROBLEME SOLVED!