Strange happenings!? HELP!

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DreamState
blackout!

Strange happenings!? HELP!

Post#1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:30 am

Anyone know what would cause freezing on telepiping loading screen and audio cutouts on the caves level for PSOv2 on DC? I’m using GDEmu with Pico PSU, Noctua Fan etc and this has just hit me sporadically after 27 hours of smooth gameplay??? Advice?

Xiden
Developer

Re: Strange happenings!? HELP!

Post#2 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:44 am

DreamState wrote:Anyone know what would cause freezing on telepiping loading screen and audio cutouts on the caves level for PSOv2 on DC? I’m using GDEmu with Pico PSU, Noctua Fan etc and this has just hit me sporadically after 27 hours of smooth gameplay??? Advice?

Are you using the custom Ives edition?
https://psopalace.sylverant.net/downloads.html
Auto connects to server plus has bug fixes. It may help hopefully.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#3 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:10 am

It’s been awhile since I loaded the game I currently have and am playing to GDEmu, so therefore I can’t remember if it was a patched CDI, GDI etc

Will I be able to continue my saved game on any of Ives DC discs if I now start playing on these instead?

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:20 am

DreamState wrote:It’s been awhile since I loaded the game I currently have and am playing to GDEmu, so therefore I can’t remember if it was a patched CDI, GDI etc

Will I be able to continue my saved game on any of Ives DC discs if I now start playing on these instead?

Yes, it should be the the same as playing on a regular PSO V2 disc, just has a few things patched on it to make connections easier and bug fixes.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#5 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:27 am

Can I pick your brains regarding serials? I’m looking to get online with PSOv2 soon, but I already have a saved game and character on a shared serial (I got this from internet). Can I use a unique serial key from a physical copy but also get to keep my same character and saved game once I get online at all? Or do I have to create from scratch with the new key?

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:58 am

DreamState wrote:Can I pick your brains regarding serials? I’m looking to get online with PSOv2 soon, but I already have a saved game and character on a shared serial (I got this from internet). Can I use a unique serial key from a physical copy but also get to keep my same character and saved game once I get online at all? Or do I have to create from scratch with the new key?

that im not sure of, you might send a pm to Aleron Ives or pcwzrd13 they are pso experts in that field :)

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:45 am

I would start from scratch with a new key. There was a way to transfer some of your things (character stats and equipped items) using the serverside backup feature IIRC on Schthack, but I don't believe this is possible on Sylvernet. But honestly its just not worth the trouble in the end. I would just start a new character and trade your items over online.

Its much more important to have a unique serial number and access key.