RetroFighters DC Striker - yes or no?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: RetroFighters DC Striker - yes or no?

Post#21 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:31 am

Dreamcazman wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:Warning: Do NOT upgrade the firmware of your Xbox One controller or you will lose Bluetooth compatibility with the WingmanSD.

Microsoft changed Bluetooth from Classic to BLE in their September 2021 firmware update, to much consternation.

Thanks. Yeah I know about that, I'm using an Xbox One controller which had never been used with an Xbox console. It came with my X1X but I left it in the box.

Even if it was updated, you can revert back to a previous firmware so it's all good.

Rolling back the firmware requires a console. It can't be done from the Windows 10/11 Xbox app. Just so everyone is aware.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Dreamcazman
fire

Post#22 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:44 am

MoeFoh wrote:Rolling back the firmware requires a console. It can't be done from the Windows 10/11 Xbox app. Just so everyone is aware.

Ahh yes, I should've mentioned that. ;)

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#23 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:56 am

Dreamcazman wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:Rolling back the firmware requires a console. It can't be done from the Windows 10/11 Xbox app. Just so everyone is aware.

Ahh yes, I should've mentioned that. ;)

Cool. Xbox One owners have been dutifully warned. :!:

One of the best invention for the Dreamcast - the WingmanSD - a real game changer.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

MondoGecko
minority

Post#24 » Mon May 09, 2022 12:42 am

I bought one because I heard a bunch of praise for them and sold it a week later. One of the cheapest feeling controllers I've ever used. Extremely lightweight. Plastic quality is subpar at best. Fit and finish were bad since the triggers didn't feel smooth at all, they felt scratchy to pull. Analog stick also felt cheap with a few small but noticeable hitches when moved in certain directions. I despised how loud the button presses were, too clicky for my taste. The only things I did like were the D-pad, shoulder buttons, and ergonomics. Everything else just gave the impression of a cheap, horribly overpriced product. Give me OEM Sega controllers any day, they feel so much more solid than the StrikerDC. I can't believe how popular these controllers have gotten because in terms of quality my experience with them was completely unacceptable.