Hi All, I'm having an issue with my VA1 PAL Dreamcast when it powers on. The 'Dreamcast' animation swirl on start-up is incredibly slow. The animation takes about a minute to complete and then it takes me to the Dreamcast menu which I'm able to navigate without any issues. The audio during the animation is completely fine and actually finishes way before the animation has finished.
I can play games without any problems and the controller ports work fine, it's just this slow bootup that's the problem.
I have tried many different things:
- Tried a different known working Power Supply
- Tried a different known working controller PCB
- Tried a different known working GDRom drive
- Removed the modem
- Completely replaced all Capacitors with new Panasonic SMD caps
- Replaced the BIOS chip from a known working Dreamcast
- Checked for damage on the PCB (there is none, it's clean and looks new)
- Sanded down the power PINS and reflowed with fresh solder.
I am out of ideas unless anyone else can think of something else to try?