GDMENU Card Manager

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sonik
Developer

Re: GDMENU Card Manager

Post#151 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:36 pm

I've updated the release on github too. Now with the latest openmenu.
User still need to provide the DAT files.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

chôkai
shadow

Post#152 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:23 am

sonik wrote:I've updated the release on github too. Now with the latest openmenu.
User still need to provide the DAT files.

Can confirm that with the new version, synopsis is displayed. Thanks a lot!

Dr Sabroson
rebel

Post#153 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:52 am

Hello, I just wanted to say that:
At first I was having several issues with the SD card from a GDEMU clone 5.15 to a 5.20.5 one, but was not really a card manager problem, just reloading some of the roms solved it (thanks to MoeFoh for the help). And I have been tinkering with the latest build for a week or so, and everything works perfect with the 5.20.5 clone.

Thanks for the hard work

sonik
Developer

Post#154 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:45 pm

Guys, I've uploaded new test versions for Linux and OSX.
Can anyone help test? It uses dot net 6 now and I expect it to be more compatible.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Mevi
noob

Post#155 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:22 am

Hi,

GD Menu Card Manager doesn't seem to accept/read .gdi files converted from a Redump set. Tried with a few unlicensed games not available in TOSEC, can't read the files. Thanks for your hard work anyway.

sonik
Developer

Post#156 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:11 am

Mevi wrote:Hi,

GD Menu Card Manager doesn't seem to accept/read .gdi files converted from a Redump set. Tried with a few unlicensed games not available in TOSEC, can't read the files. Thanks for your hard work anyway.

Hi,

Yes, it's not possible to use converted redump files.
Those are not available outside of redump sets?
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Mevi
noob

Post#157 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:34 am

sonik wrote:

Hi,

Yes, it's not possible to use converted redump files.
Those are not available outside of redump sets?

No, I don't think so. Anyway I suppose I could add the folders manually to make them work on real hardware, havent' tried it yet.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#158 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:14 pm

Mevi wrote:No, I don't think so. Anyway I suppose I could add the folders manually to make them work on real hardware, havent' tried it yet.

just accept the fact that REDUMPs are skewed tracks and in order to get the right GDI you need to connect all the tracks together and cut them correctly. If you know the structure of the GD disk well and split the image manually, you will get the correct dump, take my word for it, I have done this more than once :D

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#159 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:24 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Mevi wrote:No, I don't think so. Anyway I suppose I could add the folders manually to make them work on real hardware, havent' tried it yet.

just accept the fact that REDUMPs are skewed tracks and in order to get the right GDI you need to connect all the tracks together and cut them correctly. If you know the structure of the GD disk well and split the image manually, you will get the correct dump, take my word for it, I have done this more than once :D

This may be helpful - (licensed) redump cue to standard gdi:
(not for unlicensed mil-cd bin/cue format titles)
Attachments
RedumpCUE2GDI.zip
CUE to GDI
(799.64 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

HAWKEYE73nl
noob

Post#160 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:55 pm

Dr Sabroson wrote:Hello, I just wanted to say that:
At first I was having several issues with the SD card from a GDEMU clone 5.15 to a 5.20.5 one, but was not really a card manager problem, just reloading some of the roms solved it (thanks to MoeFoh for the help). And I have been tinkering with the latest build for a week or so, and everything works perfect with the 5.20.5 clone.

Thanks for the hard work

I experience the same issue as you I think. Have a PAL DC with GDEMU clone 5.15 and I see the blue DC logo but then nothing happens. Do I need to wait many minutes? As I waited for minutes but nothing appears.

I will create a 32 GB and 256 GB FAT32 with only 2 games.

Do you have maybe more tips for me? Thanks