GDMENU Card Manager

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

xtxShowtimextx
shadow

Re: GDMENU Card Manager

Post#31 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:42 pm

Just wanted to say that I concern with another post in this thread. I was having issues with very long wait times on the madsheeps sd card making. I used GDMENU Card Manager and just put in my existing SD card created with madsheep. I clicked save. Then I went and opened MAdsheep and using the same SD card doing nothing different clicked save......I now have instant load times. No idea why that worked but I read someone else in here saying they just saved on this and it fixed the issue.

When I just tried saving with this GDMENU the sd card would not boot in the dreamcast, so I just re-saved with madsheep and its instant now. No idea why just adding my 0.02

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#32 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:22 pm

I recently had to reinstall windows on my PC and could never find the madsheep sd card maker tool ever again, I'm eager to try this GDMENU Card Manager! Thanks

sonik
Developer

Post#33 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:35 pm

Valkyr1983 wrote:Does this tool do the same thing as madsheeps where it creates a game list so it doesnt have to parse through all the folders at launch? My SD card of 300 games takes forever to load, Madsheeps is supposed to cache the list if i have Menu option checked but it doesnt seem to be working, so looking for alternative. Using that other tool I already have my gdmenu as disc 01, all my others as folders 02 through 299, etc

and all the gdi files are named disc.gdi and have a name.txt folder in them

thanks!

Yes it will generate the list for gdemu.
You can use my app and click on preload button. It will try to load the info from all games and let you know if it find any problem.
If everything is ok then you can save and try it on the dreamcast.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

catodico
noob

Post#34 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:15 pm

Hello! thank you for you work :D

I have a problem with the windows version, whe i try to run the application give me the error about the installation of runtime... i have installed on my windows 10 but the error remain the same, can you help me?

thank's a lot.

sonik
Developer

Post#35 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:46 pm

Hi!

Download the framework from microsoft at
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/5.0

Get the one named .NET Desktop Runtime 5.0.7 (or newer)
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Conatus
dark night

Post#36 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:05 am

sonik wrote:Hi!

i have win7 64 installed NET Desktop Runtime 5.0.7 first 64bit then 32bit no boot both ways your program not start the same please help

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#37 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:33 am

BmNT wrote:

i have win7 64 installed NET Desktop Runtime 5.0.7 first 64bit then 32bit no boot both ways your program not start the same please help

I struggled with this too, since the GDMenu Card Manager doesn't take you to the right download software to begin with, so you're essentially locked in a cycle of failure.
sonik's post above worked for me though. You have to specifically ignore everything on that page except for one that is specifically called .NET Desktop Runtime 5.0.7
It's on the right hand side of the page. Ignore the SDK packs and the other Runtime packs. It's not a very clear page, but it does work.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#38 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:51 am

Actually run into a new problem. I never used GDMENU Card Manager before because of the .NET issues. I was using GDEMU_SD.
I resolved those, as I stated above, however I'm now running head-first into a new problem. GDMENU Card Manager ran fine the first time, saved out to the SD Card, but the SD Card was then not readable by my Dreamcast - an issue I was not having before.
I attempting to run the SD Card back through the GDMenu Card Manager, it now tells me it cannot read the gdi image in folder 01 - the file IT created. I tried a few times, same result. I deleted the file and I'm still getting the error. I don't know where to go from here other than restoring my GDEMU_SD folders to the SD Card so I can actually play my games.

EDIT: I restored my 01 file to that of my GDEMU_SD program and it fired up first time. It's definitely an issue with the software.

IS there a known cause for this? I've been following mrneo204's instructions on installing openMenu if that might be a factor? I'm stumped.

sonik
Developer

Post#39 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:03 am

Please test it first with my app.
Then test it with the latest version from mrneo.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#40 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:36 am

sonik wrote:Please test it first with my app.
Then test it with the latest version from mrneo.

Just done that. Downloaded GDMENU Card Manager again into a completely separate folder to ensure I didn't carry over anything from mrneo204's openMenu stuff.

The program opened, saved to the SD Card successfully.
I then try on my Dreamcast, it just says "Please Insert Disc".
I open the SD Card back up in GDMenu Card Manager and whenever you try to save again it comes up with the following error message;
"Error loading file I:/01/disc.gdi"
The I drive is where my SD Card is, it opens up in Windows no problem with all the folders. It seems that once GDMenu Card Manager saves it's GDI file into the 01 folder it also breaks it. I don't know how, this was all on defaults, but the gdi it saves is corrupt even to itself.