GDMENU Card Manager

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Tanino
rebel

Re: GDMENU Card Manager

Post#91 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:22 pm

Switched back to SD card maker and now working again. I think I know what the issue is. I had couple of gdi images corrupted in my source folder. Sd card maker is able to do the check before creating the card (if it finds something not correct it goes in crash). Your app doesn't seem to have this check. It then copy the games in the card but it results in a corrupted game list. So gdemu doesnt read it

Inviato dal mio SM-G991B utilizzando Tapatalk

sonik
Developer

Post#92 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:51 pm

Using any other tool works?
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Tanino
rebel

Post#93 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:39 am

sonik wrote:Using any other tool works?
Using sd card maker I saw I had Shenmue II image bad formatted so I removed from the set and after that it worked

Inviato dal mio SM-N975F utilizzando Tapatalk

Spec
lithium

Post#94 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:39 am

@derisom..

I've had issues where I'd get duplicates because the GDMenu.cdi/01 folder would get corrupted too and, maybe this is your problem as well but with different symptoms. One thing I've found out is that this cool trick works 100% of the time now.
No matter if it's with Soniks GDMenu Card Manager AND/OR the OG SD Card Maker v1.10.

Everytime you plug in your SD Card into your computer to add/edit or delete anything on your card. Always also delete the first folder aka GDMenu.cdi. in whichever program that you use. So delete GDMenu from the very top. (Don't go into the drive of your SD Card and delete it manually. This will/could cause corruption.) So delete it from the program (SD Card Maker or GDMenu Card Manager, itself.

This way when you press save. It'll add/delete/edit all your game folders that you set and create a brand new 01 GDMenu folder with all the contents that you had and added/deleted/edited wth 0% chance of corruption. I find if you don't do this, there is a possible chance of the GDMenu becoming corrupted when it's being overwritten too. So ALWAYS delete the first GDMenu folder within each program before adding/deleting/editing on your SD card.

Another tip:
Also, if you have mechanical drives in your computer that you use to transfer your games from, make sure your hard drives don't go into sleep mode before you press save. Because when the drives wake up when you press save, it could stall and cause a crash to the SD /Card Maker program(s) and completely cause even more problems to the card folder order. So just run a mp3 track or something to wake up your drive to make sure that drive is running before you press save.

Hopefully this helps.

sonik
Developer

Post#95 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:55 am

There was a problem when the card had the menu in CDI format and my app would override it with the GDI format.
It was fixed on July 1 (version v1.3.3).
If you still have to remove and add the menu every time then this is a problem and I can try to fix.

Also I'm going to upload a new version this weekend. It will fix a problem when loading some specific CDI files. (Not related to the menu itself)
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Spec
lithium

Post#96 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:04 am

Sonik to tell you the truth, I think your program is much more stable when it comes to pressing save and overwriting the GDMenu. I'm not even sure if I had an error using it. But I do it anyway, because I use your Manager and the OG manager at the same time and I know 100% that this does help with the OG SD Card Maker. So I just kind of made it a habbit to do it even when using yours... just incase. :) But again, I do recall presing save without deleting the GDMenu on yours and it has been pretty solid.

sonik
Developer

Post#97 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:53 pm

New version is up with some small fixes. :)
EDF! EDF! EDF!

brad86
rebel

Post#98 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:26 am

Is it possible to have more characters for game titles ? I seem to be limited to around 40 here.
I like to use my own titles, as I do not like the ones pulled directly from the gdi data. Especially with regard to many beta games where the pulled info is wrong.

I remove the info box from my GDMENU, so I place regions and any other needed information like disc number in the main game title, as this is how I prefer.

sonik
Developer

Post#99 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:42 pm

For now it's limited as the default theme has this limit too.
But I will add a setting to remove the limit.
I plan to release a new version in the coming weeks.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

brad86
rebel

Post#100 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:48 pm

Sounds great. Look forward to that very much.
Thanks for making Card Manager so easy to use.