GDMENU Card Manager

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sonik
Developer

Re: GDMENU Card Manager

Post#51 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:00 am

@mrneo240 I have not seen this issue before.
App should copy the contents from menu_gdi folder, then generate iso and override it on sd card.
Anyway thanks for the workaround. I will need to investigate this issue.

EDIT: Found it. Happens when CDI version of menu is on the card. I will look for a fix later.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#52 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:59 pm

mrneo240 wrote:I ran into this very issue in testing the app for which one to fork.

You can easily fix this (at least in my testing) by downloading this version of the gdmenu gdi

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xb9of8cgqophx35/GDmenu_v0.6(24-08-2016).zip

Then replacing your 01 folder with that, hit preload in GDMENUCardManager and then save. It should successfully recover and be fine from then onwards

The file you shared isn't a gdi, it's a cdi. Seems to be the same one I've been using.
I tried it anyway and it's changed the fault. Now it's selecting random folders to say it can't read.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#53 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:28 pm

Roareye wrote:
mrneo240 wrote:I ran into this very issue in testing the app for which one to fork.

You can easily fix this (at least in my testing) by downloading this version of the gdmenu gdi

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xb9of8cgqophx35/GDmenu_v0.6(24-08-2016).zip

Then replacing your 01 folder with that, hit preload in GDMENUCardManager and then save. It should successfully recover and be fine from then onwards

The file you shared isn't a gdi, it's a cdi. Seems to be the same one I've been using.
I tried it anyway and it's changed the fault. Now it's selecting random folders to say it can't read.

Whoops, im an idiot.

Correct Url:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/s3sscs

Attachment:
GDMENU-GDI.zip
(342.83 KiB) Downloaded 237 times

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#54 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:41 am

Link Corrected:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/s3sscs

I can confirm that worked. GDMENU Card Manager is now generating the correct gdi files and working on my DC flawlessly ^_^

sonik
Developer

Post#55 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:12 pm

I fixed the problem when loading the menu in cdi format.
If you want to update your fork too :)
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Xero
shadow

Post#56 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:51 pm

hi, i'm trying to use this on linux but i can't seem to get it to identify my SD card, is there some particular permissions or mount point that it's expecting?

EDIT: I tried to mount it to /media and /run/media but no go
Last edited by Xero on Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

sonik
Developer

Post#57 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:40 pm

Card is FAT32?
It should list cards mounted on "/media/" or "/run/media/"
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Xero
shadow

Post#58 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:08 am

yup, card is definitely fat32. I can make it work under a virtualbox VM in windows, but for some reason it doesn't detect a card on linux, very strange. I may play around some more, but is there no way to make it just dump to any folder?

I actually meant /media and /run/media in my last post, I typoed that....I was looking at the conditional in the code to try and figure out if there's any specific mountpoints.

sonik
Developer

Post#59 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:09 am

What is your linux distro? I only tested on a ubuntu VM.
Do you have any dev skills? Would you help debug it?
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Xero
shadow

Post#60 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:18 pm

sonik wrote:What is your linux distro? I only tested on a ubuntu VM.
Do you have any dev skills? Would you help debug it?

I'm using arch linux.

Sure, I'd love to help debug it. I actually was trying to modify the conditionals around the drive list and rebuild it, but I wasn't able to get it to build on linux with mono, and I didn't have enough time last night to dig any deeper.

One thing I will say - the /media and /run/media is likely an ubuntu specific thing, I don't think those mount points are universal across other distros. In fact, /media is my storage array on my NAS server, fortunately it doesn't conflict on this PC, but, I think it would definitely make sense to be able to specify any folder to dump to, as linux is much less defined in terms of mount points in general.