RADQUAKE GOLD 5.0 FAQ HOW TO USE AND OPTIMIZE THE SETINGS [WITH commentary HDMI] 60FPS DREAMCAST HELP VIDEO

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ian Micheal
Developer

RADQUAKE GOLD 5.0 FAQ HOW TO USE AND OPTIMIZE THE SETINGS [WITH commentary HDMI] 60FPS DREAMCAST HELP VIDEO

Post#1 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:49 am

Hi,

I show here how to use the option menus how to optimize framerate change controls save settings what that looks like screen sizes and to get the smoothest it can do..

Remember I'm running very high bitrate sound and cdda at the same time which Knocks the framerate by up to 15 fps this will happen on any port using sound like this..
If this video is not enff for you and you dont like how it does run i cant really help this optimized as much as can be done by my self at this time..
And i dont plan on updating it any more for standard quake 1.. It runs the same speed as a p200 pc or better running quake 1

This is not opengl if you want super beautiful quake running in hardware you need to use nuquake from mrneo240..
This more about being like the saturn port with dreamcast features

This not retail port this homebrew using free tools kos from 2003 Kos1.1.8 GCC 3.04

Video is a capture at 60fps does not mean Radquake runs at 60fps max it runs up to 50fps min it run at 20 in large out door places..
This all depends on the settings you chose from the menus.. Example HUD on top takes up to 10 to 15 fps to draw on top all the time want the max fps you turn that off..

I'm not fixing anything that could be wrong with it at this time it's 100% better then i ever thought it could be when i started porting linux sdl quake to dreamcast in 2002 first version of this was 2002.. It's far better then some other consoles ports on low spec consoles of the past at this time.. This is free opensrc port if you feel you can make it better please go a head and do so..

Ian micheal

k-do
Doom

Re: RADQUAKE GOLD 5.0 FAQ HOW TO USE AND OPTIMIZE THE SETINGS [WITH commentary HDMI] 60FPS DREAMCAST HELP VIDEO

Post#2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:17 pm

Quake - RADQUAKE GOLD 5.0 ( J ) Cover
Attachments
quake.png