Dreamcast Now! Online Status

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SlyFisch
shadow

Dreamcast Now! Online Status

Post#1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:49 pm

Hey guys,

Just setup my DreamPi and got logged in for the first time. While on the web browser it showed my online status no problem, but when I play Sonic Adventure it does not show me as online. Is this because it's single player? Or would it still show up considering there's leaderboards setup for it? I also set my DNS on the Dreamcast to 0.0.0.0 but it didn't seem to resolve the issue.

Let me know!

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Re: Dreamcast Now! Online Status

Post#2 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Only titles with online features, and while you're USING that online function, will display on DCNow. All DCNow queries initially is that your DreamPi is online, and that the scripts are responding to DCNow.
For Sonic Adventure to display, you have to load the Internet portion of the game, at which point, it will load its web browser to the Sonic Adventure webpage on Dreampipe, and the DreamPi will relay that context.

SlyFisch
shadow

Re: Dreamcast Now! Online Status

Post#3 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:22 pm

WedgeStratos wrote:Only titles with online features, and while you're USING that online function, will display on DCNow. All DCNow queries initially is that your DreamPi is online, and that the scripts are responding to DCNow.
For Sonic Adventure to display, you have to load the Internet portion of the game, at which point, it will load its web browser to the Sonic Adventure webpage on Dreampipe, and the DreamPi will relay that context.

Ahhh gotcha, perfect that makes sense. Thanks for the help!!