Atomiswave and Redream problems

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

VintageGameCollect
noob

Atomiswave and Redream problems

Post#1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi All,

Looking for some assistance. I am a retro game collector and player (no point just keeping them on a shelf) but am rather new to emulation. However, after the treasure trove of Atomiswave conversions, it seemed like a good time to start.

I have the latest version of Redream. Both CDI and GDI file types of actual DC games work fine, but I am having some real difficultly with the Atomiswave files.

Dolphin Blue for example. I have downloaded the latest version, have unzipped it so see several files including GDI, raw and ISO. Load up Redream and the graphic appears for Dolphin Blue among my other roms. However, as soon as I click on it, Redream crashes and closes down. This has also happened with Maximum Speed. Others do not seem to report any issues with Redream so a little confused.

Is there some kind of additional configuration I need to do to get these games working?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Will share some images of some my games including a Yu Suzuki signed Shenmue as I become more active on the forum.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Atomiswave and Redream problems

Post#2 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:29 pm

Redream is a Dreamcast Emulator, What you need is an Atomiswave emulator..

Demul is an Atomiswave emulator.

Suzuki signed Shenmue?? Nicee

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:34 pm

Also redream is just not very good other then for ether lazy people or noobs .. use demul a proper dreamcast emulator..

VintageGameCollect
noob

Post#4 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:36 pm

I was under the impression they had been converted to work on Dreamcast (downloaded from the links kindly provided by MegaVolt85) so thought they should work on any DC emulator. There are videos on YouTube claiming to show these games running on Redream so I assume I am doing something wrong.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:54 pm

Maybe you need a BIOS? Either way Demul is a better emulator.

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#6 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:20 pm

Yeah, better off getting an actual AW dump and using Demul

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:28 am

VintageGameCollect wrote:I was under the impression they had been converted to work on Dreamcast (downloaded from the links kindly provided by MegaVolt85) so thought they should work on any DC emulator. There are videos on YouTube claiming to show these games running on Redream so I assume I am doing something wrong.

They work on hardware perfect not hack emulators.. Redream runs them yes but not proper all the time.. just because something works or does not on a dreamcast emulator does not mean it does on the real machine or the other way around..

emulators are not hardware..

the conversions have been testing and work correct on hardware.. Not much point using redream to play Atomiswave games when the real roms work perfect on Demul to start with.. these were for playing them on the real machine..

stubrorn
noob

Post#8 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:24 am

Put bios in system folder , it ok

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:18 am

stubrorn wrote:Put bios in system folder , it ok

Ian Micheal wrote:
VintageGameCollect wrote:I was under the impression they had been converted to work on Dreamcast (downloaded from the links kindly provided by MegaVolt85) so thought they should work on any DC emulator. There are videos on YouTube claiming to show these games running on Redream so I assume I am doing something wrong.

They work on hardware perfect not hack emulators.. Redream runs them yes but not proper all the time.. just because something works or does not on a dreamcast emulator does not mean it does on the real machine or the other way around..

emulators are not hardware..

the conversions have been testing and work correct on hardware.. Not much point using redream to play Atomiswave games when the real roms work perfect on Demul to start with.. these were for playing them on the real machine..

Not ok there's no point to it..

VintageGameCollect
noob

Post#10 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:55 am

Just to provide an update in case anyone else comes across this thread with similar issues.

I downloaded the latest developer version of Redream (11 days old as of this date) and Dolphin Blue booted fine. Not sure what the issue is with the stable release which is about 12 months old I think.

However, I have also downloaded Demul as per the advice.

Thanks everyone.