GDMENU Slow Loading Fix

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Okinawa
noob

GDMENU Slow Loading Fix

Post#1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:41 am

Hi guys,
I just got back into retro gaming this past month and decided to start with my old Dreamcast Japanese model. Ordered and installed a GDEMU 5.15b clone and got it all set up and working! Including the 3 1k Ohm resisters twisted together and placed in between the 12v and ground on the PSU.

But I was having trouble with the GDEMU menu loading slow. It was taking exactly 2 minutes to show the games list on my 256gb Samsung Evo plus card.

I was using the Madsheep SD Card Maker 1.10 originally but it seems to have been the cause of the GDMENU slow loading.

Here's the fix: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13700&start=10

I just downloaded @sonik 's new software called GDMENU Card Manager. It found my SD card immediately. I just clicked on "Save Changes" even though I hadn't actually made any. Actually I did rename one game. It saved and then I tried the SD card again in my DC.

Instant loading of the games list upon boot!

Apologies if this is already discussed often here. I did do a search of the forum and didn't find any posts. I found out about this software from a random youtube video and followed the software name back here and then to github to download the latest 1.2.2 version.

Works great!

Hope this helps others getting back into their Dreamcast with a GDEMU and it slowly loading. This is the fix.

Thanks sonik!

RazorX
brutal

Re: GDMENU Slow Loading Fix

Post#2 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:54 am

Madsheep SD Card Maker 1.10 works just fine and has instant loading, you just have to make sure you have menu ticked on there so when you click save it builds gdmenu with a list on your games in it.
u use it with my gdmenu theme manager app here:
https://segaxtreme.net/resources/gdmenu ... 61/updates
and have never had any issues with loading.